Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

In temporary exile

PaulH

Hi Everybody

I finally managed to get on board, thanks to Jon W's invite and Crispin's patience. ;)

Some of you may remember me slithering my way around Lincombe in a bright yellow 80-series. Unfortunately the 80 had to go, because I landed a new job in Dubai and couldn't bring it with me.

So after 4 months of driving a little Nissan rental car, getting bullied by Landcruisers and Patrols, I couldn't resist the lure of another big yellow vehicle...

Little_n_Large.jpg

All right, no, mine is the little white one on the left. It's a 2008 FZJ76, manual, with part-time transfer and the acclaimed Toyota LSD in the back. Fairly basic inside with a front passenger bench and an alleged 10-seater capacity, although you'd need to be 10 pretty good friends to travel any distance. Here it is on our inaugural trip to some biggish dunes near Dubai...

762.jpg

766.jpg

It's my daily transport as well as weekend toy, and hopefully will get used for occasional camping trips further afield. I've no concrete plans for any modifications at the moment - I guess things'll get done as/when I think I need them.

Apart from the tyres, maybe. It's on 7.50x16 Yokohama 402s (Michelin XS clones) which, although they work fine in the sand and drive okay on-road, aren't half noisy on tarmac, so maybe something quieter. (and bigger, naturally. :) ) Oh, and that dratted 120 kph speed buzzer'll have to go as well...

Cheers

Very nice Landcruiser, are you going to bring it back to the UK?

I really wish we could get the more basic LC's here.

Very nice. good luck with the mods.

Looks tough as nails that one.

Thanks. It rides a bit like a bed of nails compared to the 80, but hopefully the rear leaves will soften a bit with age - it's only got 65,000 km on it at the moment.

My long-term goal is to drive it back to the UK, but nothing concrete as yet.

Nice to hear from you Paul. Does this mean you're not bringing it to Lincomb after easter? :lol:

Not this time, unfortunately.

Still, looking on the bright side, at least I won't have to spend the next 3 months chipping chunks of red concrete off the underside... :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Aww great, now I've gotta wipe drool off my keyboard :roll:

Awesome cruiser mate, thanks for the pics.

Jim

Back