Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Inclinometer Console

Bob

Supporter
Country Flag
ireland
Hi Guys, I know this has been posted about before, but not having much luck with eBay or scrappies. If anybody knows where I could get one I would be a very happy Bob. (will pay shipping from UK if needs be). Want to have the unit for temperature etc, and hate - just hate cheap after market stuff. Would love the genuine Toyota part.

Interior is standard LC grey/blue colour - No fancy cream leather here!

Many thanks - Bob

Bob - I just managed to get one of these for mine, after a couple of months of randomly ringing people selling 90 series bits on ebay etc. They are hard to get hold of, just percevere!

I ended up paying £70 for the unit/cable and temp sensor... I did find one at a breakers but they wanted £200 for it!

Tip is to look for the Leather Seats or other bits that came in the vx model then ring them...

Dave

Thanks Dave, will keep trying, thats the sort of money I had in mind, certainly not giving £200 for one!!

The other thing is that there are different coloured interiors - mine had brown plastic edges - found a good paint and they are black now - wouldn't know they were painted - just one to remember if you do pay silly money...

Yeah was looking at that alright Dave. Have a friend with the beige interior (not my personal taste!) and would rather get the factory grey interior colour. Have sent off a couple of emails, see what happens. More urgently have to take the starter out of mine tomorrow for reconditioning - fun times!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
From what I've read they seem to be ok if you are good with your hands. Wiring loom is there already, need to run cable to temp sensor behind headlight and then drill dash to run cables. Open to correction from someone who has done it...

I'll save you the trouble. It's all in here if you use the search button :roll:

All of the loom is in the vehicle but the pod needs an extension that SHOULD come with it. You also need the temp sender unit that goes behind the headlight. The scrapper will not have included that. That's why he runs a scrap yard and isn't a past winner on Mastermind. The wiring is already there. I have a spare brand new loom extension if anyone needs it. Fitting is a bit of an arse. There are no markings, no holes etc. It's all hand and eye I'm afraid. Not ridiculously hard, but if you find it difficult to find your own ass with both hands and a flash-light then think twice maybe.

I got one for Lil Blue for £12.50. So if anyone is quoting you £70 or something mental, then you are being had. For a tenner it's mildly amusing. For any more money that than then you seriously need to think about counselling.

Chris

Chris - I paid £70 for the unit/cable/and sensor - bearing in mind how few are about you are going to be VERY VERY lucky to get one again for £12.50 - I was being told people wanted £200 for them...

I wouldn't worry about spending £50 or a bit more as it will add that in value to the vehicle anyhow (even if it is just a gadget)

Fitting pretty easy - just plug the temp sensor on a connector that is already in place (behind the Near Side Headlight, just below the bumper line, 2 pin grey plug) then clip the sensor into place (there is a pre drilled hole just above the connector to hold it in place).

Then find the White plug for the unit behind the glovebox (Mine was up and to the Left of the Glovebox, just behind the metal tube).

I would suggest plugging the unit in BEFORE drilling holes in the dash and test it works :) Then just a case of lining it up on the top of the dask and drilling a hole for the cable (bit daunting drilling the dash, but pretty easy - just watch what's underneath - best to pull the center console out and have a good feel first) then just mounting the unit....

Good Luck

Dave

Actually Dave, £70 including the sensor isn't so bad. It was good that you managed to get that bit. They're another £30 or something to buy. The cable isn't very long is it. I needed to tug on it a bit to get a bit more out of the loom. I ended up with an extension for that, which in the end I didn't use. But at first look-see I figured it was going to be well short.

Chris

I fitted mine this afternoon. Does anyone have a set of instructions for it, or can explain what all the modes are and what the up/down buttons do in each mode?

hi there, if you have your owners manual for the car it is all explained in there.

cheers roy

Back