Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Injector rebuild

Jake the Peg

Country Flag
scotland
Has anyone rebuilt their injectors themselves, the chief engineer on my ship suggests it’s a fairly easy job, they do it for our engines. I was thinking about buying new nozzles and bringing them with me next time. We have a hand pump to check the spray pattern onboard.
I guess my truck has around 200k and the consensus is my knocking is from an injector

Cheers

I have had a few sets done. Spray pattern is one thing, but the break pressure is something that needs to be done properly so I understand. In effect the pressure at which they open and close. I figured that this was a tecchy thing so left it well alone. It's more than simply screwing new tips on.

Thanks Chris,
I believe to change the break pressure it is a case of adding or removing shims inside, I guess a timely process rather than too technical.
Do you recall the approx cost, our local engineering places are closed for holibobs just now!

Cheers

I have had a few sets done. Spray pattern is one thing, but the break pressure is something that needs to be done properly so I understand. In effect the pressure at which they open and close. I figured that this was a tecchy thing so left it well alone. It's more than simply screwing new tips on.

:text-+1: on that. It doesn't cost that much to have the crack pressures set by a diesel shop.

I can't Jake, sorry. It was a place in Chesterfield that I used. Mostly lorry stuff and pumps. He did these for cash.

I use a a place called Northampton Diesel (01604 755321). Been a while since I had some done but I think a set for the 80 series came in around £65 per injector to be refurbed.

Turn around time was 3 days but in my case they would collect and deliver back to me. If you can spare the vehicle downtime, you could post them out to them.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks, I will get organised with my todo list and get started properly working when I get home, so long as it isnt too cold:tearsofjoy:

I do recall that I bought the tips and got this chap to do the work. It just made less work for him.

Very few places can do the injectors correctly .
Unlike a lot of injectors these are 2 stage injectors and most places can replace tips and test spray pattern and first stage pressure this isn't checking fully .
Try Colchester Fuel injection or Automarine Diesels in Brighton .
Correct set up is as mentioned a real faff and involves shims and time , my IHD FT ones were done correctly as a favour but not sure they would do them for anyone . ( I put many £1000's of work through their workshop a year)

Back