Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Injector replacement - 1KZTE

CAT

Country Flag
ireland
Sorry for dumping another thread but may as well keeps things in order :yum:
Doing the full overhaul and the injectors I got from Kaiapoi repowers are going in now also.
Quite a bit of carbon and dirt in the injector seats.
One question is the copper gasket that you put in first, it has a flat side and a rounded side, I presume the flat side sits against the nozzle seat or the base?
Will check the glowplugs also.
IMG_20200411_161306.jpg
IMG_20200411_161332.jpg
IMG_20200411_161936.jpg
IMG_20200411_161945.jpg
IMG_20200411_162120.jpg
IMG_20200411_162217.jpg

Thanks for raising this as I will need to get mine out and those washers should be replaced as if not (according to a video I saw where one had not been) the injector can get damaged by heat. My guess (and it is only a guess) is the flat bit goes to the injector to protect it more. Hopefully someone more in the know will tell you the definite answer. I have just been out and taken one of mine out and mine looks as though it was the same both sides to me so I'm guessing the rest are. If nobody suggests anything I will happily take the other out for a peek.

I've just used the crush washer in the past, no other flat washer. Maybe it's different but my originals only had the crush washer inbetween the injector and injector seat.

Is that 2 separate washers a flat and a crush then @CAT ? I thought it was one item. Looks like mine are just the crush like Beau's which also look like the appropriate part I have seen on Roughtrax and other places and looks like you have taken out from the pic with the 4 washers by the 4 old injectors.

Is that 2 separate washers a flat and a crush then @CAT ? I thought it was one item. Looks like mine are just the crush like Beau's which also look like the appropriate part I have seen on Roughtrax and other places and looks like you have taken out from the pic with the 4 washers by the 4 old injectors.
It's one washer, although it does look like two. I've been told by someone in the know that it is flat side down into the injector position in the block.

Back