Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Injector washers

Mark01

Country Flag
england
Hi all,
I need some help in getting the injector washers out of the head. 2 of them fell out as I normally find they do on anything else I have ever worked on, but I have 4 stuck fast. I have tried all I can think of without causing possible damage to the seats. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you get round it

Cheers, Mark

Flat screw driver , the tip being SLIGHTLY smaller than the opening, gently knocked down.
Has worked wonders for me :)

I managed to hook mine out with a wire coat hanger with a barb hook bent on the end. You can get quite a yank on it if you put a loop in part way along and put a lever (piece of wood, hammer handle) through against something. Mine came out pretty easily with this method but I may have been lucky.

Hi all,
I need some help in getting the injector washers out of the head. 2 of them fell out as I normally find they do on anything else I have ever worked on, but I have 4 stuck fast. I have tried all I can think of without causing possible damage to the seats. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you get round it

Cheers, Mark
Hi,
The copper ones?
I have always used a round file that tapers and just screw it in and pull them out. The copper is softer than the file, so gives to it.
Regards
Mark

Thanks guys,
I will try these ways and see if they come out. They are in there well. I have never had this much of a fight to get out before.

Cheers, Mark

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just seen this. I made a short slide hammer with a coarse screw on the end. Wound it gently into the soft washer and then just tapped them out. 12g shotgun brush is the perfect size for cleaning out the hole too.

So I managed to get the two pesky washers out in the end. I have only boxed the truck up this Saturday as have been busy with work and such. After trying all ways I know and had been recommended, I thought I was going to have to take the head down to our local engineering shop and have them milled out. But I managed to do them myself. The following pictures are not for the faint hearted.
IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG
Carefully drilled out washers and then cleaned out injector bores with a dremel.
Pump and injectors back in.
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0312.JPG
Cheers, Mark

Back