Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Injectors wanted

Jake the Peg

Country Flag
scotland
Anyone got a set of good injectors for a 24v for sale?
thanks

J

Hi Jake, whats the reason you want another set?
If you're wanting them re tipped this might help

24v injectors are a bit hard to find second hand TBF.

My local diesel shop re tips and sets the crack pressures for about £12 per injector if I supply the tips.
my last set of tips came from here:-

They don't have any tips for the 1HD-FT at the moment thus the other link. That said I've had a good few sets from the above and my diesel guy has been pleased with the quality of every set.
hop this helps.

Also interested in why you want to change them. Not saying they don't need doing, just interested in what the symptoms are.

To rebuild with new tips would ensure longevity and also who wants to fit a so called good set that can possibly been stored in an unclean environment and then for the new user to expect them to be better than the ones you've replaced. Rebuild is the way to go..

By the time they've reached 150K they will be getting ready for overhauling. Smokey tickover is usually a giveaway. an overhauled set will always cure this. I'm just waiting for lockdown to be lifted and the ones out of my 24V auto are going to be done, as I have the tips waiting.
All in all its about a £250 job, which is nowt compared with changing them in a D4D 120.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
D4D injectors ouch!!
I'm just on with this myself although the injectors are a bit different on my 05 model which started the rattle on start up at 140k.

£ 820 for new Denso injectors. Recon ones about 75% of that price but consensus of opinion of those who fitted them is that they'd fit new ones if they had the choice again.
Around £70 for associated new washers seals gaskets etc.
Been Quoted £120 for labour and programming of injectors.

So upwards of a grand.

I got the injectors from here:-

I have a Tunit box spare which will give you up to 200BHP if you are interested.

Hope this helps.

Yes Iwan "Ouch"

The guy who is doing me the job has just done his 06 120 with 265k miles as he couldn't stand the noise and its transformed it, Goes to show these engines can be durable if looked after.

Sorry for the hijack Jake.

Thanks all I have what I’m sure is diesel knock on #3 & #6 cylinders and has done about 240k , actually the reason I got the truck as the PO thought it was a terminal breakdown somewhere, I’ve had the sump off done BEB, checked and reset the valve clearances, but when I put neat fuel additive to the filter it runs silent. I’ve done about 5k and it’s not any worse!
I was quoted +£100 / injector to have the nozzles changed by our local engine shop, I believe they have dual break pressures and are a mate to set, I had planned doing the nozzles myself and taking them to work and having the chief engineer onboard the ship test them on the pump they have but after Mr Google, not so sure this is a good idea..
Was thinking to just swap them over if someone had a good set so it’s a days work and I can forget about them for a while, but I guess I could send them to Andy‘s Guy when I go away to work?

thanks

J

Good luck........ They are 2 stage injectors and 24 valve more fiddly than 12 valve. Bolting on new nozzles and pop testing them alone will never get them to perform how they should (seen it all before ). £20 an injector yeah right. maybe for a KZ but not 1HD 2 stage , and common rail d4d .............well just fit new you just cant get away with it with them. Sometimes you can "get away" with just bolting new nozzles on the 1hd series but not very often. Single stage yes, 2 stage no. Andys right about the mileage 150k ish they really need a good service, but most run way beyond this with no problems really.

I did mention they were 2 stage, place is a reputable engine builder that has been on the go longer than me, but it will cost what it does and they need done.

Now,,, to get off this ship before the end of July, em answers on the back of a postcard please:tearsofjoy:

Back