Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gandalf

Country Flag
uk
I need your help! I'm doing a research assignment for my university looking at innovative and ingenious ways in which pick up trucks can be used other than for transport.

So for example in Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico last year some people used their cars to power houses and appliances during the power shortage, one person created his own hair salon from his car battery! In some countries they're used for farming and have hooked up the engine to an irrigation system to water their crops; car batteries and engines can be used in various ingenious ways also.

Have any of you ever come across or seen any inventive uses of pick ups similar to this? Or you yourself used the engine or battery to power your Dyson? Have you been to a different country and seen people use pick ups in a completely different and ingenious way?

Any help you can give me would be fantastic, the more insane the better. :astonished:

Last edited:
ooh. My sort of project.

We have track inspection/maintenance vehicles with bogies fitted:
1280px-Land_cruiser_hyrail_conversion.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Gun, AA, ASM & Recoilless Rifle carriers (AKA Technicals):
Technical14.jpg

Technical13.jpg

latest?cb=20131223000632

F201108111428591249929427.jpg

Log splitting:
hqdefault.jpg

12-11-06%20035.jpg

This old man in Kenya modded his pick up to burst the tires of other people ploughing on his farm land.

I'm sure there's more inventive ways that people have modified their pick ups to help with agriculture.

upsx907lujqxqp3fm45a469118a283d.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back