Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

insurance company issue

fesuvious

Good Morning.

The text below is an email sent by my g/f to an insurance company that obviously I cannot name, so Ill simply refer to them as HadrianSucks so that I am not 'naming and shaming'

Sent: 29 November 2012 20:10
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Policy Number PMFET1****, Reg. **** FAO Megan *****
Importance: High

Good evening Megan *****

I have just arrived home to a letter stating the above insurance policy has been cancelled because you have not received a copy of fesuvious' photocard driving licence.

On 9th November I emailed you stating that we were still awaiting a copy of this licence from the DVLA. A week later, after chasing the DVLA again, I spoke to one of your advisors confirming that, unfortunately our position with regards to the licence had not changed, and your advisor told me that this was not a problem and she would make a note on the system. It was agreed that, as soon as the licence came through we would, of course, send it straight to you.

To actually cancel the entire policy is unbelievable. A named driver is not an obligatory part of a car insurance policy, therefore surely it would have made more sense to offer me the option of taking fesuvious off the policy as a named driver? Why have I not been given this option?

Today is 29th November 2012. Your letter states my insurance was cancelled on 27th November 2012. I have, therefore, been driving my car illegally for two days with NO knowledge of such. Your letter was not sent via recorded delivery or courier which, surely considering the possible repucussions for your customer of you cancelling a policy, would be mandatory for HadrianSucks? All of your correspondence previously has been via email. Why did I not receive an email stating my policy had been cancelled? You have my telephone number. Why did I not receive a phone call? Had Royal Mail mislaid the letter I would have had absolutely no knowledge of the cancellation.

Also, the policy number to which you refer in the second line of the letter is completely different to the policy number quoted on any other of my paperwork - which i deem to be my policy number. I have no idea why.

I am absolutely baffled and can assure you I will be telling this story to anyone that will listen, along with taking it to the Insurance Ombudsman because your actions are, quite frankly, disgusting. I should not have been told on the phone that awaiting the card licence from the DVLA was fine, and I should have either been given warning that you were going to cancel my policy or offered the option of taking fesuvious off the policy as a named driver. Quite what you gain from just cancelling the entire policy over something which is easily rectifiable (as above, simply taking fesuvious off as a named driver) I do not know.

I will be ringing you tomorrow morning, however this is written confirmation of my current position, should it be required if the matter goes further.

Regards

fesuvious missus'

She recevied a text from HadrianSucks at 09:30 'confirming' the situation.
My g/f is on the phone to the financial ombudsman now.

This seems wholly unreasonable.
What do you think? The letter really was only delivered yesterday. There is no postmark on the envelope but we have kept it.

I am appalled by this. Also, DVLA are useless but that is another thread, both myself and one of my staff have been waiting nearly four weeks for photocard licenses to be returned (renewed).

Quite shocking really. Please keep us updated on this.

Oh dear,

You have your hands full now !

Good luck!.

The mere mention of DVLA and Driving licences, sends shivers down my spine.

Gra.

I have a similar issue right now with Bentsleigh insurance - policy cancelled three days before I received an email and 5 days before I received the letter.
Just having the same argument now. I'm quite happy for them to cancel the policy but no way am I paying the cancellation fee. The issue of no insurance is one I've brought up with them and they just don't seem to give a monkeys.

Many years ago I had exactly the same problem with HadrianSucks. They wanted proof of NCB and a copy of my photo licence. Using my scanner and printer I did what was asked and posted it off.

Got the same letter as Donna a few weeks later saying my insurance had been cancelled. I phoned up and asked if they had received the proof of NCB, got told they had. I then asked them to get the proof from the file, they did. I said turn it over and you will see a copy of my photo licence! Not a word of appology from them but they did reinstate my insurance. I said I wanted to cancel because of their attitude, got told I would not get any refund if I did cancel. I kept the policy for the year but will never use them again.

Ian

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The first and only letter for termination delivered by Royal Mail yesterday - 29th - unrecorded
editedfluxletter-1.jpg
and the letter received earlier today by email. The phonecall of the 16th was made by Donna to tell Adrian Flux about the license issue. It is the same type of call she had already been making because of the DVLA delay. She was assured it was no problem. If it had of been a problem then she would have requested I was removed from the policy. It isn't rocket science. I have three cars, it is hardly important that I drive hers.
editedfluxletter2-1.jpg
There was zero need to cancel the policy. Donna feels, in her personal opinion quite simply like she has been conned, by you,, Adrian Flux
You will lose more business as a result of this being on so many forums than you have taken in sterling from Donna.
I think the forum readers can decide their own opinion based upon the facts and the correspondance. All you had to do was remove the named driver. All you needed to do was call Donna. You certainly did not email her, or at least no email was ever received as the letter suggests because there is no email to this effect on the server.
Congrats, you have taken a young woman for about four hundred quid she can ill afford to lose.

They have been known to do this type of thing for YEARS!! This is why I would never use them.

I was going to call them but on the back of this will refrain and go with 2gether instead.

Thanks for the heads up

Oh f*ck, I've just renewed with them. :think:

I was insured with them when I had Lil'Blue and never had any issues (well I never made a claim either), and I believe Chris was (is) insured with them when his 80 burnt out, so I would not just rule them out all together.

I know the OP's story and others have not been good and as such this does generate lots of bad PR.

Chas, there may be a cooling off period if you are really desperate to move...

14 days is the cooling off period - free to cancel within 14 days. If you do, tell them why!

I was insured with them when I had Lil'Blue and never had any issues (well I never made a claim either), and I believe Chris was (is) insured with them when his 80 burnt out, so I would not just rule them out all together.

I know the OP's story and others have not been good and as such this does generate lots of bad PR.

Chas, there may be a cooling off period if you are really desperate to move...
14 days are up, they were the cheapest at the time anyway, I'll think twice next time.

I've just noticed, I've made 6677 posts. :icon-surprised:

Last edited:
I had motorcycle insurance with Bennetts. One day I called them to renew as I had not received a renewal notice yet.

They were like, "Well according to our records you cancelled your insurance 6 months ago" I had been riding a bike uninsured through London for 6 months!!!

It was down to a 'clerical error' on their part :shock: :icon-evil: They also weren't overly concerned or apologetic.

[h=1]How long does an insurance company have to issue a settlement check?[/h]car accident happened two+ years ago & has been in negotiation for 6+ months, an amount has been agreed upon.
I would like to know how long (roughly) it takes for an insurance company to issue a check.

Back