Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Interesting question on insurance questionaire

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
In the last 5 years, has the driver had any motoring offences, including fixed penalties, convictions, driver awareness courses or disqualifications, or any pending prosecutions?

In particular "driver awareness courses" I wonder what the weighting is towards it and points.

A driver awareness course might be handed down by a court , a mate of mine had to do one before he could apply for a driving licence and take his test again after being banned for drink driving .

A driver awareness course is the course you can take instead of getting points for speeding

I guess they're asking this in case you escaped points on your licence by being offered an awareness course and thought you'd 'got away with it'?

In other words, by the looks of it, they take into consideration a speeding offence whether it was awarded points OR a course. It looks like the course is no better for you insurance wise.

Another way for them to put your insurance up as though we don't pay enough as it is.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yup, Mrs had a drivers awareness course and on next renewal that question was there. I think it made about £30 extra on a £300 pound policy, so for me about 10%.

I guess they're asking this in case you escaped points on your licence by being offered an awareness course and thought you'd 'got away with it'?
That's my point. The whole thing with the course was that it would never be mentioned again... Guess the insurance companies want to know...

Why admit it if there's no record of your attending such a course .

Reactions: Sag
Why admit it if there's no record of your attending such a course .

its logged on the DVLA database - unsure how much of that is visible/ available to the insurance companies. Going by the general feel of the present government, its safe to assume the insurance companies get absolutely everything.

Back