Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Interesting Video.

Ben

Guru
Country Flag
australia
I found this video interesting. He talks about the new 70 series double cab pickup, which is my dream truck and which i will be saving for when when i land in OZ. :cool:

He says its coming to SA, but i thought it was only being released in OZ. :think:

[youtube:mb1fyf2r]X4FY1CXq1_c[/youtube:mb1fyf2r]

i heard a rumor that the 4 door pickup will be available in SA but with the 1HZ engine ...
:angry-tappingfoot:

Yip, latest gossip seems to suggest that it will be released with 1HZ and the V6 petrol in SA, with the V8 diesel to follow sometime in the future (late 2013). The V8s are currently being tested in and around Southern Africa - apparently African diesel is winning :whistle:

I do not understand why they don't bring back the 1HDFTE or earlier for areas where the diesel is of poor quality :?

Rob, you and me both! There seems to be some confused reasoning about Toyota wanting to move to lower emission engines... But the HZ is deemed acceptable :doh:
It seems beyond stupid to have millions of miles of experience of an engine in all sorts of conditions only to abandon this for a more expensive engine and start again.
Let's face, the heavy duty 70s are always going to be a big hefty truck, so no-one is expect a lightweight, high output engine that will transform the vehicle. The HD-FTE produces the same power and about the same torque as the single turbo V8 in any case. Just stick it in and watch the orders fly in, especially if it means they can cut the price a little (ok, I'm pushing it now!)

But in the lighter duty models like the 120/150, Toyota are ignoring the trend and not fitting high-output engines and are consequently falling behind the competition. And that IS a segment that cares about fuel efficiency and performance.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back