Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

interior courtesy lights

cjb80

Country Flag
australia
Daft question, but .. how many of the Courtesy lights should operate when you open the doors?

At present, only the one above the drivers seat comes on, and not the one in the console (with the subtank gauge) nor the rear one...

#fixingmycruiseronebulbatatime

Thanks

Chris

Hey welcome. From my experience the centre middle ceiling light and the rear cargo one turn on only.

UK Spec 96-97 80....
Light at the front by sunroof controls is a map light and not turned on by doors of any combination
Drivers/ passenger doors turns on the interior light above the back rest of the front seats
Rear doors turn on the lights in the door cards of either door and the light above the backrests of the rear seats
Tailgate as above .
The interior lights of the 80 are not it's best feature ...upgrading to LED bulbs helps but the boot area is under lit as is the front foot wells....
Of course with modern LED's and some careful wiring this can all be sorted

UK Spec 96-97 80....
Light at the front by sunroof controls is a map light and not turned on by doors of any combination
Drivers/ passenger doors turns on the interior light above the back rest of the front seats
Rear doors turn on the lights in the door cards of either door and the light above the backrests of the rear seats
Tailgate as above .
The interior lights of the 80 are not it's best feature ...upgrading to LED bulbs helps but the boot area is under lit as is the front foot wells....
Of course with modern LED's and some careful wiring this can all be sorted
Thanks -- that's really helpful :)

OK.. so i've almost figured it out.. there appears to be a faulty sensor on the tailgate.. backlight now stays on when tailgate is closed.. I'm assuming the switch is inside the latch..

Is it an easy fix .. or a new latch? If I press on the tailgate, the light goes out.

Cheers

Last edited:
Fixed - thanks to some handy instructions here ! - tlacruiser.com

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back