Intermittent Acceleration D4d

Boian Aug 13, 2019 at 5:32 PM

1. Boian

Boian New Member I am in bulgaria

Map
    Help!

An year ago there was something like intermittent acceleration on my 2001 D4d automatic Prado and the fix was SCVs. However this issue appeared again. I changed the SCVs again just in case, but its still the same.

The acceleration hesitation and delay are most prominent when the car is hot and under the sun, like something is heavily choking her. Just getting in the shade and the acceleration improves a bit. But its like every time I hit the gas pedal the acceleration and the delay are a bit different!? Car pulls like train when cold.

- SCVs replaced
    - MAF replaced with Denso
    - MAP cleaned /although not sure if that totally true, you can not inspect it/
    - Injectors were serviced by the official Toyota dealer
    - Fuel filter replaced
    - Batteries disconnected once
    - Air temperature sensor cleaned /it wasn't really bad, but it could be dead anyway, might just replace it/

Any other ideas? What can be related to not accelerating when the car is hot?
    - Catalytic Converter?
    - O2 Sensor?
    - EGR? I think it should be running slow no matter if it is hot or cold
    - Throttle body?
    - Manifold pressure sensor?
    - Spark plugs?

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 at 6:36 PM
  2. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member Supporter I am in ireland

Map
    Any chance it could be autobox related? Other than SCVs, there's not much on these engines that gives any trouble.

3. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in uk

Garage:
    Map
    This sounds a little like a poor connection to me. Does it show any codes if a dealer level scan tool is plugged in?

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter