Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Intervolt DCC Pro DC DC split charge system

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
In setting up a split charge system this year I came across the Intervolt DCC Pro from Australia.

IMG_1860.JPG

Now, I know the Ctek systems are cracking good and I have one of their mains chargers but I've never really liked that you need two bits linked together for their split charge system, that take up a fair bit of room or the terminal arrangement. This is probably just me.

Anyway, I decided to go for the Intervolt as it comes with a nice neat display, can be programmed for any battery, can take solar and charge both leisure and vehicle batteries and will deliver a full 25A all day long in the heat of the engine bay in Outback heat say the suppliers. You can even add a second DCC Pro to the display if you really want to. The price isn't bad too!

IMG_1387.JPG
IMG_1391.JPG

The whole case is a heatsink from the terminal layer down!

IMG_1386.JPG

It has a footprint smaller than a CD case and is 100% waterproof, even submersible!

IMG_1389.JPG

The top comes off to reveal all the terminals which are set out in a way so as to allow the wiring to exit in any of the 4 directions. There's been a lot of careful thought put into this.

It comes with comprehensive well detailed and explained instructions.

IMG_1715.JPG

I decided to fit mine on the right hand side just between the brake master cylinder and the inner wing so I had a bracket made which also allowed me to fit a couple of 400 A solenoids, one as a bridge for linking leisure battery and starter batteries if needed and one as an isolator for a winch if I ever get round to fitting it. These also made excellent solid connecting points for the 35mm single cable I used to go from front to back and to the starter battery.

IMG_1841.JPG
IMG_1840.JPG

Doing this also meant I could fuse down at this point and use 10mm flexible single cable to connect to the DCC Pro. I used some lovely sealed Maxi fuse holders from Littelfuse for this.

The display comes with a good length of cable with Pre fitted connectors and a snug rubber grommet for the firewall.

IMG_1678.JPG

I selected a spot near the original cable entry rubber and drilled the suggested 10mm hole. They even fit a little protector to the fitted plug!

IMG_1516.JPG

The outside end has a really neat waterproof plug moulded on which locks solidly into place on the side of the DCC Pro.

IMG_1390.JPG

With the terminals on the top with a cover over them, the whole thing ends up pretty neat and tidy with no open terminals to get accidentally shorted.

IMG_1849.JPG
IMG_1850.JPG

There is also a little terminal for an ignition sense wire. This can be configured so the unit starts up as soon as the vehicle is started or can be omitted, with the unit being set up to be volt sensing, so it can be connected to a trailer that may or may not be there.

I routed the display cable up to the roof console area and fitted the display there, as it's no more than 2" square it is quite neat and unobtrusive and comes with a ball mount bracket so it can be pointed in various directions to face the viewer.

IMG_1512.JPG
IMG_1566.JPG

Once everything is ready, the first connection is made and the unit programmed simply via the backlit LCD display.

I have to say it's one of the best designed nicest electrical items I've had to fit (and I get to fit a few!) in a long time. I liked the look of it before I bought it and have not been disappointed. It certainly charges the battery from either vehicle or solar and the display tells exactly how much is going in in volts and Amps, with watts shown for solar input.

www.intervolt.com

Last edited:
That does look like a quality bit of kit, and a very neat job. Its gone top of my list for when i eventually get round to my duel battery/ solar install.:thumbup:

Where did you order it from Rich? I was considering a Redarc instead of a Sterling but I like the look of this. Just depends on price.

Where did you order it from Rich? I was considering a Redarc instead of a Sterling but I like the look of this. Just depends on price.
I got mine from a really helpful seller on eBay from Oz but they aren't on there any more. I'm just trying to find another source, once I've got a reply back I'll let you know.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I got mine from a really helpful seller on eBay from Oz but they aren't on there any more. I'm just trying to find another source, once I've got a reply back I'll let you know.

Rich, did you manage to find another source...?

Rich, did you manage to find another source...?
I'm working on it Lorin. The manufacturers can't keep up with demand at the minute but I've left it with them to see if they could find a way to supply us otherwise it'll need to be through a supplier in Oz.

Last edited:
I like the look of that a lot. My 190 pound caravan split charge power supply unit in the trailer lasted 8 days into our recent trip :( naturally the seller isnt on ebay anymore...............grrrrr. So its back to square one ...again........

Having contacted Intervolt and received a number of replies it seems they are having difficulty keeping up with demand. They are unable to supply us at present and give the correct level of customer support.

What they have said is that we can buy direct from one of their distributors. The people I got mine from were 4x4 Power Products of Hemmant Queensland. The problem is I have nothing more than their mailing address and cannot find them on the inter web.

Anyone in Hemmant Queensland that can take a run down Boolara Street and have a look?

I'm sure if we can't find anything, in time there will be a distributor in the U.K.

Cost of mine was $350 Aus plus shipping, import duty and VAT, which I thought all in wasn't bad.

Last edited:
If anyone can find a supplier then I will defo have one :)

Exciting news time. :dance:

I've been in contact with a supplier in Oz who now have some stock put by for me. I'm going to finalise an all in U.K. price over the next day or so. There's 3 there with my name on for the time being but I'm looking at getting more to be able to distribute in the long run.

Could those still interested please put your names down on the following list by quoting this post and removing the quote marks.

Last edited:
Exciting news time. :dance:

I've been in contact with a supplier in Oz who now have some stock put by for me. I'm going to finalise an all in U.K. price over the next day or so. There's 3 there with my name on for the time being but I'm looking at getting more to be able to distribute in the long run.

Could those still interested please put your names down on the following list by quoting this post and removing the quote marks.

Rich,
Could this be suitable for a 24v vehicle wanting to charge leisure batteries too and hook up to solar?

:dance:

1,Gary Giles

Now, I know the Ctek systems are cracking good and I have one of their mains chargers but I've never really liked that you need two bits linked together for their split charge system, that take up a fair bit of room or the terminal arrangement. This is probably just me.
The CTEK's do take up a ridiculous amount of space and are only IP65 I think not IP67 but you only need the 2nd CTEK unit if you want a higher charge rate and more efficient charging otherwise you only need one unit (D250S). The D250S gives 20 amp charge max and adding a Smartpass takes max charging up to 120 amp. Using the Smartpass also means you connect consumers to the unit not the battery and they are then powered from the starter battery / alternator when the engine is running so the charging of the aux battery isn't skewed by consumers. That feature is what converted me to the CTEK having previously used Stirling. I couldn't see if the Intervolt supports that feature?

Back