Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Intro

Bryce Munro

Country Flag
australia
Hey, my names Bryce.
Recently purchased a 1998 105 gxl 6 cylinder auto 180 000kms. We are pretty sure its had a 2 in lift at some point in its life but not 100 percent sure, but other than that it is stock as a rock at the moment but looking into a few mods to make it a comfortable family tourer. Bit of an offroad noob but so far have done a bit of muddy hill driving and beach driving with no problems so far using 33in kelly ATZs. Joined the forum to learn a bit more about my car and to see what everyone else was doing with theirs.

Main reason for joining was to see if anyone could help me work out the exact varient i have bought as its an odd one. Badged as GXL but with stickers on the side saying cruiser limited 100 series. it has factory sunroof but standard cloth seats and the radio was a stock toyota radio cassette / cd combo (just swapped for pioneer avh unit).
its the sunroof and stereo that have me stumped as they dont seem to be listed as extras on any of the varients that year. some kind of import im maybe thinking.
Anyway i know this isnt the spot for this question but figured id put it here before i repost in the relevent forum.
thanks for reading

Hi Bryce and welcome. You’ve certainly come to the right place to find out what you need. I believe if you type your model number into Toyodiy it will tell you all about it. The 105 is the best of both worlds, 80 series chassis and running gear, slightly uprated in part with the 100 series Body. Toyota made many variants of the Landcruiser for different markets.

There’s plenty of trips and mods and repairs and stuff on here and a great bunch of friendly helpful folks.

Best wishes
Rich

Hi Bryce and welcome. You’ve certainly come to the right place to find out what you need. I believe if you type your model number into Toyodiy it will tell you all about it. The 105 is the best of both worlds, 80 series chassis and running gear, slightly uprated in part with the 100 series Body. Toyota made many variants of the Landcruiser for different markets.

There’s plenty of trips and mods and repairs and stuff on here and a great bunch of friendly helpful folks.

Best wishes
Rich

:text-+1:

Welcome aboard Bryce and your 105... hows about some photies and a VIN might help the boffins on here to ID it... :thumbup:

Back