Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

is 105 fulltime 4WD or part time 4WD?

Bovka

Country Flag
ireland
hi there are all 105 trims part time 4wd? whats the main difference between 1998-2003 105 vs 2003-2007 105?

The 105 is a bit odd one to say 100%

Alot were speced as either the company or the area allowed so I have seen both perminant and part time 105 kicking about like I have 80s also.

From 2003 they had a face lift. Not sure what differences there was underneath

105 out of the factory is full time 4WD, but there is the possibility to modify the transfer case and install free wheeling hubs on the front axle - there's kits (Google MFK1210-100HD) available for same. Most positive reviews on these kits are where the vehicle never goes off road again..... You certainly won't get a lot of extra fuel economy.
The 100 series refresh in 2003 did f all to the 105, fuel tank changed and as I remember OBDII ports were introduced - these had previously only been available on the 100. I haven't yet run into a part from 2003+ that doesn't fit my 2001.

Cheers,
Rock

Not all 105s are factory perminant 4x4.
You might be right Stumog, I was only thinking of Aus but there were bound to be variants elsewhere. I bought mine new from dealer and there certainly wasn't a part time 4wd option available at the time.

Yes in aus the ones I have seen been permanent. I know the african ones vary.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back