Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

is a 2005 120 LC4 OBD2 compliant?

mr_magicfingers

looking to pick up an obd reader to keep an eye on the new truck. My Colorado wasn't obd2 so the apps wouldn't work with it, will my 'new' 120 work with a generic reader and app or do I need something special? I use an apple iPhone if that's important.

Thanks.

looking to pick up an obd reader to keep an eye on the new truck. My Colorado wasn't obd2 so the apps wouldn't work with it, will my 'new' 120 work with a generic reader and app or do I need something special? I use an apple iPhone if that's important.

Thanks.

My 2005 120 isn't. You'll need Techstream.

Thanks very much Rob. As I'm someone who's only used Mac's for the past 30 years, would you know what the minimum spec would be to run tech stream on a windows laptop? I think it would be worth getting an old one to keep in the workshop, just to be able to run tech stream now and then.

Thanks very much Rob. As I'm someone who's only used Mac's for the past 30 years, would you know what the minimum spec would be to run tech stream on a windows laptop? I think it would be worth getting an old one to keep in the workshop, just to be able to run tech stream now and then.

Depends which knock-off version you get. But it doesn't need much at all. Probably best to confirm with the ebay supplier - who you'll buy your mini VCI cable from. It used to be a pain to get it to work on 64 bit Windows, but there are recent knock-offs that are much better. In which case Windows 8 and up with 1GB RAM. Old versions (many that eBay vendors hawk) will want Windows 7 / XP only. They can be hacked, Google is your friend.

Last edited:
Might also just buy an old small laptop, it's only ever going to be used for Techstream so not attached to the internet. Won't need to upgrade it as long as Techstream works.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back