Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is this normal?? Leaking sills?

oneafrikan

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Video 18-09-2022, 14 31 48.mov - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Truck has been parked up for a few weeks, under a cover. Took her out today for some errands and this happened soon as I parked on an incline…

I fear this is from the welder that fixed the seatbelt mounts but am not sure whether it’s good or bad, as didn’t happen before!!

Surely water out is good?
But where would it have gone before?

Anyone?

Last edited:
Water in the sills is common - drains from the sun roof, then the drain holes get blocked and you get a sill full of water. Looks like your welder drilled a fresh drain hole, as from memory the standard one is on the sill pinch seam? Guessing he found a load of water when he repaired the seatbelt mount?

Agree, a common thing on my old 70 until I found that leaving the end of a cable tie in the drain kept then clear. The sills fill with water as Dave says and then should drain out but if the drain is blocked then they fill the footwells instead especially when you park on a slope

I leave the grommets out of mine. Don't go in to deep water so I don't think much water can get in.

That’s the question I’m wondering @frank rabbets - is there any downside to taking the rear grommets out? I guess the flip side is the accumulation of dust. But as @Gr8Yota
Says - the end of a cable tie should help keep the holes clear…

If I ever get to Iceland can put them back!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Took my grommets out years ago. No adverse impact for me.

I leave the grommets out of mine. Don't go in to deep water so I don't think much water can get in.

Took my grommets out years ago. No adverse impact for me.

I did the same during the first week I owned the car (circa 11 years?), my thinking is it allows not just water to drain out, but allows air in to keep the insides dry.

Regards

Dave

Back