Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

It's funny what you find when you get a new (used) vehicle.

mr_magicfingers

Was going over the engine bay today, just checking for rattles. Found the battery clamps a bit loose, probably whoever installed the batteries didn't have a long 10mm socket. Sorted that out.

Found the box for a headlight bulb stuffed down by the headlight housing.

Found two fused power cables bolted to the passenger side battery positive terminal. They're wrapped in cable sleeving and zip tied into place and go through into the cabin through the firewall. I have no idea what they power, there's nothing extra that I can find which has been installed. Now I'm going to have to pull all the panels behind the passenger footwell to trace them and see where they go.

Found a rusty negative clamp on one of the batteries which I'll replace when there's a spare moment.

What looks like a couple of missing tools from the toolbox, I'm guessing they're screwdrivers but does anyone know for sure?

IMG_6615.jpeg IMG_6616.jpeg

Some tools will be missing eg spark plug wrench depending on spec etc.

At the cables into the cab save running them there now

Those two fused power cables entering firewall from battery could be running the length of your 'cruiser to a smart relay for your towing gear. These would typically switch and power fridge and charger in a caravan through 12s (grey) socket. It would also have warning buzzer for indicators when towing The relay could be in that pocket where you are searching for water.
If not, still handy to have direct fused power in cab for anything you may want to add in future.

Ah, now I hadn't thought about tow stuff. The tow bar I have has a single connector, not the usual double one you'd expect for caravan towing. There's no buzz on indicators when everything is hooked up though. My last truck did that but this one doesn't.

I thought this thread might be about finding ancient Roman coins or some such relics from the distant past, then I realised its a 120 you’ve got, not an 80:lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back