Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

J90 D4D - Mounting an inclinometer

Boian

Country Flag
bulgaria
Hi guys, I have a quick question if anyone has tried to mount an inclinometer/compass unit on a 90 Cruiser without one. My mod is 2001 VX 300 TDI / D4D engine. So..should i do anything else then power the unit /somehow/ if it fits the dashboard design? I found one really cheap.. :)

Thanks!

Screenshot 2018-11-30 at 20.56.03.png

I fitted one years ago. In order to get the temperature gauge to work, you'll need the temp probe which plugs in behind the left hand headlamp IIRC. The rest is built into the unit itself and on mine, just plugged in. I think I still have the lead somewhere.

Super cool! Did you mount it directly on the dashboard with screws? And also how did you get to power it?
I'll make a tutorial for the forum when I complete the exercise and of course will give you credit for the info :)

Last edited:
Yes, I mounted it on the dash. The contour of the unit sort of dictated where it sat. It came with a bracket that went inside the dash so that the screws had something to grip on but you could use a modern adhesive I guess.

As chris said, the wiring is already there for it which is handy! Just plug and play, alongside getting hold of that temp sensor.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back