Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Jap / USA Import style number plate.........

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
.......I had a new front number plate made for Fiery @ my local MF today to replace the over hanging flappy standard long rectangular one :) As it turns out the mounting surface on the front of the Collie for the number plate is the correct size for a Jap/US style, size of number plate (12" x 6") & you can have one made up in this size all legal with the suppliers name, post code & the BSU number thingy all printed on it :thumbup:

PB040759.jpg

This photo shows the difference in size between what we all know as the norm square plate & an 12" x 6" Jap/US import plate :)

PB040760.jpg

I noticed that 24Seven also has one this size on the front of his Collie :)

Here it is :arrow:

IMG_1443.jpg

I have a motorbike one on the rear and a jap import style on the front.
Both perfectly legal in this country, in fact the front one would be legal down to the tiny postbox size ones but you are just inviting a pull with one of them on.
Taking into account I park in Police stations every working day I have never been questioned even when at the traffic units.
I don't honestly think your average copper would be able to tell the difference between import and UK 90s & 80s.

sae70 said:
you can have one made up in this size all legal with the suppliers name, post code & the BSU number thingy all printed on it :thumbup:

Correct, but unless your vehicle is an Import and does not have,

1. European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval

and

2. Cannot accommodate standard size number plate.

It's still not legal to use one :whistle:

Not that I have ever had a problem yet :mrgreen:

My main driver to use one is the "proper" size front plate gets ripped off when fording.

Looks neat though - did you have to send off for it or do you have someone who does it over the counter near you?

I'll have to ask at the place near me...

I sent off for mine Gav, I could not be bothered with all that bollox of providing everything including my mothers birth cert ;) just to buy a plate when you can get one over the internet without even leaving the house, stupid law IMO :mrgreen:

Totally agree with you Matt - this country does my head in [s:2ehy263h]sometimes[/s:2ehy263h] with all its stupid rules & regs...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That law about producing documents to have a plate made, would only ever effect the law abiding when you can buy legal copy "Show Plates" off the internet.

The UK Law Makers were to thick to spot what even a money could see IMO :lol:

gets off soap box :mrgreen:

I totally concur. Another pointless excercise putting honest folk through more & more hoops...

When I got my plates for the caravan, I asked if he could put the inscription 'Sorry 'bout this Jeremy...' on the bottom for a laugh... Nope... :roll:

Off me soap box too!!! :whistle:

Gav Peter said:
I totally concur. Another pointless excercise putting honest folk through more & more hoops...
When I got my plates for the caravan, I asked if he could put the inscription 'Sorry 'bout this Jeremy...' on the bottom for a laugh... Nope... :roll: Off me soap box too!!! :whistle:
When I got my plates made they put on the bottom for me 'No road. no problem' didn't object to that.

24Seven said:
That law about producing documents to have a plate made, would only ever effect the law abiding when you can buy legal copy "Show Plates" off the internet.

The UK Law Makers were to thick to spot what even a monkey could see IMO :lol:

gets off soap box :mrgreen:

EDIT :p

Back