Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Japan based newbie here

Harriet

Country Flag
japan
Hi everyone, I've just signed up to the club and would like to say a quick hello and introduce myself. My name is Harriet and I'm a Brit who has been living and working in Japan since the last millennium .... based in Tokyo but planning to return to the UK within the next four years. I'm currently Landyless but hoping to put that right in the next few months. I'm obviously in the birthplace of the Land Cruiser, and getting one for the last chunk in Japan and then ship it back to the UK has long been something I've wanted to do.
My faves are the SWB 70 series with the FRP tops and the 4.2 l diesel engines.
I'd use it for trundling to work and in the holidays for driving around Japan (I've toured loads on a motorbike but it rains too much here to want to do the bits I haven't yet seen!), then once back in the UK for a daily driver / workhorse as we have a small property business, so the back would be useful for putting the kitchen sink in! We also plan to use it for covering big distances in Europe.
It would be a vehicle to own, drive, maintain and love for a very long time. Neither my partner or I are mechanically minded; we just love the rugged good looks, reliability and would love to bring a little bit of (IMHO) Japan's golden age of manufacturing back home with us.
Looking forward to learning from you all,
Best wishes,
Harriet

Welcome to the forum Harriet!

Is this a first? A Brit member in Japan, I mean....

Nice intro, anyway. Some pics will be welcomed, when you get your hands on your dream-machine!

Welcome Harriet. I'm thinking you should have a pretty good choice of some excellent rust free LC's in japan? Don't forget the pics when you get one!:thumbup:

Hi and will come L love the 40s 40s r the best can not want to see pics fo the 70s wen you get it from Tony.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome; will definitely post loads of pics when the wheels are bought!

Back