Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

JDM 76 series factory security

Mike M

Country Flag
scotland
Hi all, insurance time is looming again and I'm trying to figure out what security Toyota fitted as standard to the GRJ76k models. Anyone know what revision of immobiliser is fitted ? EIS 2 or 3 maybe.

Thinking about adding to the security but not quite sure which way to go. I'm reluctant to fit an alarm system that might interfere with the factory immobiliser so i started looking at trackers.

Insurance was a pain last year due to the value and companies seem terrified of imports so if I can help the situation I might manage to get some better quotes.

I do all my insurance with NFU and they were cheaper insuring my 79 than a Hilux!

I do all my insurance with NFU and they were cheaper insuring my 79 than a Hilux!

Thanks, i'll happily give em a go. Did you have to have an alarm fitted? As far as i can see these are fitted with an immobiliser and deadlocks.

Thanks, i'll happily give em a go. Did you have to have an alarm fitted? As far as i can see these are fitted with an immobiliser and deadlocks.

No, nothing. I think there was a bit of trouble finding the model on their system, but it got there in the end.

Back