Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Jeremy Clarkson's 80 series

Reg looks different to me ?

Reg on the truck P700REG

Reg on the document P61YGC

Blurb says THE PRIVATE NUMBERPLATES OR THE ROOF RACK CROSSBARS ARE NOT INCLUDED

The way he treats vehicles would be enough of a warning for me never to touch anything he had owned or driven. It must make it worthless.

The way he treats vehicles would be enough of a warning for me never to touch anything he had owned or driven. It must make it worthless.

Point taken but I wouldn't imagine he kept it for long.

3 previous owners, 19 years old, current owner 14 years, it would figure that Clarkson and 2 others had it for 5 years between them, year and a half each...

Bit pricey for a petrol though and high miles...

Looks like he thinks it's worth a premium because it used to belong to JC…

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like he thinks it's worth a premium because it used to belong to JC…

I don't blame him really Rich, if it were me I'd probably give that a go myself, if it's true that it belonged to JC of course.

Can't imagine it cutting much edge on a deal though, like Ken said, likely to do more harm than good. "Yeah, it belonged to the JC and the Stig used to borrow it weekends..."

I had a Merc E320 cdi that was owned by Terry Venables before me, wasn't worth any more though.

It would probably stink of smoke, Clarkson was/is virtually a chain smoker off camera.

For saying he knows his cars. I'm surprised he doesn't even know the engine size. He says 4L in the video. Not the 4.5 what comes in the Petrols then lol

Early petrol 80s had the 3F I thought - from the 60 Series?? Those were a 4litre straight 6?

Still doesn't stop him being a dork though :)

Early petrol 80s had the 3F I thought - from the 60 Series?? Those were a 4litre straight 6?

Still doesn't stop him being a dork though :)
Not sure whether the 4.0 petrol was available in the 80 in the UK. IIRC all UK petrol 80s were the 4.5

Back