Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Jerry cans - two simple questions

Bmonck

Supporter
Country Flag
england
hi all
Here are two very simple questions about Jerry cans - appreciate any guidance.
1. After using them for diesel on a trip Is it ok to store these cans empty for 6-12 months and then just use them again? Or do I need to clean them out or do some other preparation?
2. If I need to clean them out what is the best way to do This?
Cheers.

I just leave them and do nothing to them, never had a problem

Yep, empty, with cap sealed to stop dirt going in while stored.

David, Clive many thanks. As luck would have it (or pure laziness) that is what I did.
Cheers.

I did have one can that was a real PITA. I’ve no idea where I got it from, but it had been painted inside... :icon-rolleyes:

Forever, there were tiny flakes of paint peeling off, and I had to strain every pour to make sure it didn’t get into the vehicle tank.

Not sure why I’m posting this, but if you’re buying cans, I suggest you check that they’re not painted inside.

Clive I think mine is not painted. But will double check. Good tip thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would rinse it out with a bit of petrol because petrol once tipped out will evaporate quite quickly so you can put the cap on knowing its bone dry inside .

The best thing you could do is leave them full of diesel, that is what we always do with seasonal machinery it is supposed to stop condensation. We always fill the farm Combine up when harvest is over all 1200l of it

Ooops. Bugger. Cat out of bag. I have jumped ship and gone done bought an 80.......
Pics to follow in a couple of weeks when I go get it. But needless to say it's probably the best 80 to hit the market in modern times!
The 90 is (hopefully) being bought by a French guy from Paris.he collects and pays for it on Tues 20th. I collect Mega saurus on 25th. Which means i fly to uk, pick up mega saurus and drive it back via Portsmouth and a cabin to froggy land. Ahead lies a pile of sh1t getting it Frencyfied. Pics in due course

Ooops. Bugger. Cat out of bag. I have jumped ship and gone done bought an 80.......
Pics to follow in a couple of weeks when I go get it. But needless to say it's probably the best 80 to hit the market in modern times!
The 90 is (hopefully) being bought by a French guy from Paris.he collects and pays for it on Tues 20th. I collect Mega saurus on 25th. Which means i fly to uk, pick up mega saurus and drive it back via Portsmouth and a cabin to froggy land. Ahead lies a pile of sh1t getting it Frencyfied. Pics in due course

What can I say.... :clap::clap::clap::clap::dance:

I haven't commented because i don't know what to say Nick , the Black Beasts mot ran out in December and i hven't renewed it so i have to drive the 80 .
I thought of you yesterday, was doing a delivery and this was there
20180209_134930.jpg

:dance: Welcome to the 80 club Steve, you know it makes sense.

Back