Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Jump leads

Press and hold the 'Alt' key and then press 2, 5, 3 then let go the 'Alt' key

Gary Stockton said:
Those X-Eng ones use 2 x Anderson plugs - the big ones - which alone are pretty damn expensive, especially if they come with the covers ....

so if you want the flexibility of plug-n-play, that's not a bad price
The Anderson plugs are not too expensive;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x-GENUINE-ANDERS ... 518def4c3b ,

I've got cables connected to the battery and mounted one of these on the winch bumper, saves having to lift the bonnet (I'm a lazy b****r :oops: )
or if you want a complete kit;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-RANGE- ... 5193b234ab

Chas

Blimey how often are we all using jump leads then :shock: :lol: I've had a set of the Halfords heavy duty ones for years & they've always served me well whenever they've been required :D Whitch I have to say is not very often @all :D For me to spend £100 on something it needs to earn a living for itself if I also have the option of buying something very simular for £40 :!: Lets face it if you actually carry them around with you they will end up right @ the bottom of every thing getting damaged as I can't remember the last time I actually used mine :think: Can you not buy one of those portable power packs for that kind of money that I'm sure would be far more usefull in your tent for example or your shed for a bit of occasional power :D

sae70 said:
Can you not buy one of those portable power packs for that kind of money that I'm sure would be far more usefull in your tent for example or your shed for a bit of occasional power :D
They might be very useful in your tent :thumbup: , but they won't start a Cruiser :thumbdown: , at least the one I've got won't :roll:
Chas.

No I can vouch for that. I bought a power pack for around £100 and it had trouble staring my Hilux before I replaced the batterys. When you take a power pack apart you will find a high powered motorcycle battery. Maybe OK for starting the wifes 1.4 fiesta but not much else. Mine was advertised as suitable for upto 3.0 diesels. Maybe brand new out of the box after a full charge but not 6 months old after its been in the back of the car for a week.

sae70 said:
Blimey how often are we all using jump leads then :shock: :lol: I've had a set of the Halfords heavy duty ones for years & they've always served me well whenever they've been required :D Whitch I have to say is not very often @all :D For me to spend £100 on something it needs to earn a living for itself if I also have the option of buying something very simular for £40 :!: Lets face it if you actually carry them around with you they will end up right @ the bottom of every thing getting damaged as I can't remember the last time I actually used mine :think: Can you not buy one of those portable power packs for that kind of money that I'm sure would be far more usefull in your tent for example or your shed for a bit of occasional power :D

I agree £100 is a bit rich for me hence attempting to make some up.
The only thing I would say is that a virtually 4 ton automatic truck with a flat battery could be a right pain the the arse

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I made some of those up some while ago. I bought some good HD leads, took the end off and replaced them with an Anderson (from e bay) At the time I had front and read Andersons on the truck (sorry Tony, they went some time before I sold it) so I could GIVE jump starts either end. Useful in car parks etc. Handy having the bonnet closed when doing that so you can see what's going on. I could have received a boost that way, but I would have died of shame first! My new leisure battery set up will have an Anderson 'tail' on there in 50mm at least so that I can connect the jumpers to it if I have an emergency.

Chris

Back