Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just Another 100

Hi jibberjabber no mine dose not have leveling headlights not in ozze that I know off I could only wish.
was looking into the after market units they use H7 globes in both hi and low beams
I am going to see my local Toyota dealer spare parts guy he is getting to know me well now like you I have done all my off road stuff had a lot of fun there is some great places in ozze to go to like the old tellagraf track up to the cake, a lot of other out back roads-tracks etc now are more intested in hooking up the van and heading off to where the sun shines and relax a bit at nearly 66 years old am to a degree over my 4x4 hard yacka playing and short of winning the lottery this is very much possibly my last cruiser but I still have me old 62 series but feel its time may be getting ready to go as well pitty as it's a rust free body
thankyou for some of the info I will keep looking and slowly pencil it all to gether you 1500USD in ozzy would be about 2800AD will keep looking thankyou
Grind some metal away on the wing under the lights no big isue to me to do, what about the guard its self dose that need to be modified
and on the 05 to 07 headlights they have a bolt just under the head light unit almost where the indicator and head light meet is this part one got to buy for it to fit or do you hand fabricate a bracket to do the job, and on top one part bolts to the radiator support and then there is a leg the seems to go right next to or on top of the guard where it bolts up mine dose not have a bolt in there just a hole where one could put in a nut insert to bolt headlight into place
just went out to me shed took a couple of happy snaps its night time here and morning time over there

Attachments

• crzzer1.JPG
    crzzer1.JPG
    421.6 KB · Views: 62
  • crzzer2.JPG
    crzzer2.JPG
    432.9 KB · Views: 45
  • crzzer3.JPG
    crzzer3.JPG
    400.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hi jibberjabber no mine dose not have leveling headlights not in ozze that I know off I could only wish.
was looking into the after market units they use H7 globes in both hi and low beams
I am going to see my local Toyota dealer spare parts guy he is getting to know me well now like you I have done all my off road stuff had a lot of fun there is some great places in ozze to go to like the old tellagraf track up to the cake, a lot of other out back roads-tracks etc now are more intested in hooking up the van and heading off to where the sun shines and relax a bit at nearly 66 years old am to a degree over my 4x4 hard yacka playing and short of winning the lottery this is very much possibly my last cruiser but I still have me old 62 series but feel its time may be getting ready to go as well pitty as it's a rust free body
thankyou for some of the info I will keep looking and slowly pencil it all to gether you 1500USD in ozzy would be about 2800AD will keep looking thankyou
Grind some metal away on the wing under the lights no big isue to me to do, what about the guard its self dose that need to be modified
and on the 05 to 07 headlights they have a bolt just under the head light unit almost where the indicator and head light meet is this part one got to buy for it to fit or do you hand fabricate a bracket to do the job, and on top one part bolts to the radiator support and then there is a leg the seems to go right next to or on top of the guard where it bolts up mine dose not have a bolt in there just a hole where one could put in a nut insert to bolt headlight into place
just went out to me shed took a couple of happy snaps its night time here and morning time over there
Very, Very nice, you've got some kit there, we like watching that Ausie reality show 'Outback Truckers'

No, No other mods to the wings apart from the little bit of grinding, it's only a few mm, but theres no template, so it's a bit of grind then offer the headlight up, the grinding is the last thing to do, after fitting the new support I mentioned, the old support has to be cut out (I think, can't
remember rightly now) once you have the new support in place and the wing ground away the new headlights will fit in place with no other mods, like I say it's not a difficult job if your half handy with a spanner, which it sounds like you are. There is a bracket on the new headlight at the bottom, I didn't use as it makes the headlight easy to remove if you don't use that bolt, the headlight is very secure with out it.

If you need any help just squawk, not physical help your to far away. :laughing-rolling:

This is a screen shot of some of the parts you need, also, you see the front wing where the the indicator would be, theres a little lip, thats the lip that would have to be ground, but not ground any where near all the way away.

Screenshot 2020-05-12 at 12.14.00.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi jibberjabber thankyou so much this gives me a lot of help now just got to get some parts thanks
and yes outback truckers is a great show to watch

Hi jibberjabber thankyou so much this gives me a lot of help now just got to get some parts thanks
and yes outback truckers is a great show to watch
What series of Outback Truckers are you on Down Under? I think were lagging way behind, Steve Grahame's my favorite.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Guys not to sure what we up to as the ball & chain records it for me to watch much later in the evening after she has gone to bed

Hi Jibberjabber stage one will begin soon got my headlights to day hope fully tail lights in a couple of weeks then some more bits and pieces, Jabber apart from the switch and motors that go on the headlights for leveling of the lights is there a relay control box some where as well thankyou Gazza

Attachments

• Headlights.JPG
    Headlights.JPG
    412.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hi Jibberjabber mate when you got the guards to make room for the blinker to fit was it the top or bottom of the opening around the blinker thx Gazza

Thanks,

It's just a standard UK AHC 1HD-FTE J100 Auto spec, I haven't got anymore plans to do anything else to it, I got all my 'off roading' done in my previous Land Cruisers, although I would do a little light Green laning if the opportunity arose, in my ownership it will never get used to it's full potential, (execpt if we have some snow, I love snow) and given how long LC's last, it will prob out last me, so it stands a good chance of being my last car. And I have had some cars (and bikes) in my almost 50 years of driving. My first car was a Moggy 1000 all those years ago, I stuck a V8 badge on the back. The things yer do when your a kid, youth is waisted on the young. An old wise man told me when I was in my youth.

I bought it back in 2013 from the first owner, back then it had 72,000 miles on it, now it's just turned 89,000, most of the things I've done to it apart from servicing and maintenance weren't necessary, I.E, I upgraded the front and the rear to the final facelift, not a easy as it sounds for the front end.

I also got the upper and lower tailgates replaced FOC from Toyota under their 'Anti perforation Warranty' scheme, there was only a very small rust mark on the upper and the same on the lower, but they insisted on replacing them, so who was I to stop them.

As you can see it's a 04 model year but the front is the late 05 model year, the only real rust/rot on it are the two usual items that don't last very long from new, front engine guard that Toyota in their wisdom fitted a foam strip across under the raditor, it holds all the water and then rusts the guard, and the rear step reinforcement inside the rear bumper, everything else is in very good condition, even the drivers seat isn't cracked and worn out, I feed the leather every month in the warm weather.

My first five Land Cruisers (3 X 60's and 2 X 80's) were used for work, thats not to say I didn't look after them, this 100 is not a tool for work, it's a hobby, as most of the members will understand.

I am a big, big fan of OEM, so what the Land Cruiser wants the Land Criuser gets, and I enjoy everything (well almost everything) about it, but most of all I enjoy driving it.

Sorry, all a bit boring compared to some of the mods that have been done on here.

Stay Safe all. :thumbup: :icon-biggrin:

What a looker .... superb paint and over-all finish VERY WELL DONE, this ole girl will look after you - probably for life ...... there is a J80 in Essex UK done more than 1 million miles .... amazing

Mine is a 2005 red like this, V8 Amazon - auto - 18" wheels, my paint has never been expertly cleaned/valet/detailed etc. so pretty dull. Plastic headlights have dulled with UV .... I have just replaced the exhaust from Manifold down-pipes to rear. she runs on LPG and done 150K miles - still great ride in the last 6 - 8 years I might have filled the PETROL tank 1/year ..... she does eat the LPG, sadly. I would like to get the ECU adjusted, where can this be done in the UK? .... This is my first Amazon, all others going back to the 1980's were J80's - all great, BUT you can't beat the V8 petrol, its near silent - with plenty of beanz.

Hi Robert sounds like you got a pretty nice rig as well gotta love the 100 series cruisers

Back