Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just changed my front rotor and bearings and cannot fit circlip

Jimmy77

Country Flag
australia
Just changed my front rotor and bearing the groove where the ciclip sits is 5mm recessed from the housing making it impossible to fit had the whole assembly off again checked everything outer races of both bearings ate seated correctly. I have pulled the spline as far out as it can go, still 5mm to short. The rotor appears to be seated correctly I have measured the rotors thet are the same size as the old oned any help would be aprecciated

Just changed my front rotor and bearing the groove where the ciclip sits is 5mm recessed from the housing making it impossible to fit had the whole assembly off again checked everything outer races of both bearings ate seated correctly. I have pulled the spline as far out as it can go, still 5mm to short. The rotor appears to be seated correctly I have measured the rotors thet are the same size as the old oned any help would be aprecciated
Hi Jimmy,

Are the new rotors and bearings genuine Toyota or after market?

Hi they are after market rotors and bearings
I think, in my humble opinion, that is you problem, have you done both sides? if not try removing the other side and fitting it on the side your having the problen with, I know it's a PITA, but you need to prove it one way or the other, or you could try refitting the old rotor and bearings and see what happens.

After market is, IMHO is false economy, they don't do the R&D the just rely on copying the genuine article, and as you know copies arn't always correct.

What year is your 70?

Good Luck.

Its a 2011 78 series didnt want to but I think I may have to fit the old rotor and bearings back thanks for your help

is there a threaded hole on the end of the shaft like an 80 that you can stick a bolt in? its a bugger to pull the shaft all the way out otherwise

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You may not have re seated the outer races in the hub all the way home. A possibility as I did that once upon a time!

is there a threaded hole on the end of the shaft like an 80 that you can stick a bolt in? its a bugger to pull the shaft all the way out otherwise
The 100 is the same with the threaded hole, I presumed Jimmy had done that, hopefully he'll come back when he sorts the problem so that we can all learn. :)

Stay Safe. :thumbup:

Yep there is a threaded hole I have pryed it out as far as it will go gonna have another crack at it tomorroe

1586610352313.png

The rotor or the bearings won't make any difference as long as they are seated in the hub ok

Hi

Thanks to everyone who wrote in. Pulled it apart again the seal on the big bearing has to sit recessed in the hub I has it flush and that was my problem hours of grief and frustration should pay more attention when I pull things apart. Thanks again everyone

Result ! Trust me, you are not alone with such things.............:)

Hi

Thanks to everyone who wrote in. Pulled it apart again the seal on the big bearing has to sit recessed in the hub I has it flush and that was my problem hours of grief and frustration should pay more attention when I pull things apart. Thanks again everyone
Good on ya mate. Sorted. But for others reading this thread I had a similar problem once upon a time. The problem was a previous owner had put cheap aftermarket CV's in. Too short! Original Toyota 78 CV's were ordered and installed and problem solved.

Back