Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just got me an 80!! Need some advice re bumpers

BRE Fabrications LTD

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Right,

So i just bought myself an 80. I'm really stoked and can't wait to get it dirty. Some of you may be familiar with it, i happened to come across this post after i bid on it viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7441

So it's a bit more bling than i like but all in all looked really neat and drove well. It does have a few issues though. Diffs not engaging, but from what i have read this should hopefully be a fairly straight forward fix. The air con seems to have a life of it own, switching between ice cold to hot at will. It's also currently running on 35" AT tyres. I could definitely feel the braking was under strain by the the size of the tyres. So first mission is to have some 285/75 R16 BFG KM2's fitted, which i'll be doing this saturday after i collect it. I'll be going to silverline tyres, their prices seem reasonable.

Next mission, and this brings me to my question, is to get rid of the chrome bull bar . I see that frogs island are running a special on bumpers and sliders for 80's.

Anyone here have any experience with their front bumper and sliders? The price seems really good compared to everything else that is available. For the price of an ARB you could just about get the frogs island bumper and a winch.

Also any suggestions as to where i could get a spare wheel mount for a roof rack?

Cheers
Ryan

1st, what are you doing with the old tyres? As I want some for a Sankey.

2nd, I have a frogs island winch bumper and it is fine. Pictures on this forum some where, if not let me know.

3rd, I have just finished my rear bumper. I will have pictures over the weekend, some pictures of it alomst finished on the forum.

Paul

Hey Paul,

Will be selling the tyres. I'll PM you the details of them, if you want, after i have the new tyres fitted.

What is Sankey?

Ah... Someones bought it at last... I was going to go for it if I could have sold my 90 but now no need :)

If you are only having a couple of the tyres Paul, I could do with a pair for my trailer... Sankey, that is.

Well done on the buy Ryan - looks a good purchase if you got close to his asking price.

Cheers
Gav

I would want 3 tyres depending on price, you know how I like bargins!!

Anyway did you get me PM?

Paul

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I knew you'd say that - there's only four of them... The PO travelled without a spare...

PM'd you back - sorry for delay.

Cheers
Gav

Hey Gav,

Got it for pretty close to asking price. It's a tidy vehicle and looks as though the PO has really looked after it. So i'm pretty happy for now.

I thought samkey might have been some sort of event :oops:

When i pull the tyres off i'll post them in the classifieds. It'll pretty much be case of taking offers.

Ryan, tell me more about this deal of which you speak!

I can't even get their website to come up half the time. And when I have I have found it useless, like OEC, their is pants too and when I have rung Frogs, they have been less help than the speaking clock on their day off.

But if there is stuff going on a deal, well, I might have to try once more.

Chris

Give them a call Chris. I rang them on something & he gave me a 'deal of the day' price based on buy it now - 20 quid off whatever it was...

Hawkers 'R Us ;-)

Hmm, wonder if they have any transfer box skid plates with £20 off...

Oh, I'm kidding. You know that.

C

Hey Chris,

Not trying trying to push frogs island or anything but at the moment they are running a deal of a front bumper, sliders and rear bumper for £1200. If you send me an email address i'd quite happily forward on the PDF brochure they sent me.

Ryan,

Would you mind sending me a copy as well please? I've sent you my email address in a pm.

Thanks

All looks pretty good Ryan, not a bad deal if you can stretch to getting everything in one hit.

I'll probably need to do it one thing at a time though :cry:

I still prefer the ARB front Bumper though.

I shall go with plan A and make my own, I want a rear winch bumper anyway. But the front bumper is pretty much what I have in mind as a project. I think that the sliders look a little thin. £1200 + vat would buy me a lot of steel and powder coating.

Interested to have a look if anyone goes ahead.

Chris

Chris said:
I shall go with plan A and make my own, I want a rear winch bumper anyway. But the front bumper is pretty much what I have in mind as a project. I think that the sliders look a little thin. £1200 + vat would buy me a lot of steel and powder coating.

Chris

And so it begins!! :D

Don't you start. It is not going to be the same. There are certain things that I always said that I would do. I have already done a mild suspension upgrade. Drawer, rack and tent were always on the cards. Winch - well that's law that is.

Cheeky Monkey.

Chris

Chris said:

Chris
Well Chris,
Having seen just what your capable of making up, I am sure your's will be better and more substantial.
Like you say, £1200 buys a lot of steel, powder coating, and a whole lot of fuel for playing ( sorry testing ) it all out.

Graham

Back