Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

just wondering...

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Its Insurance time for the 120, AF quoted £377, which is up a bit from last year. full NCB no accidents 6 bonus pionts ( with a hefty fine in 2017) business use and 10k max miles . Truck totally stock.
Phoned Aviva, theirs started with a 7 so didn't take that any further. NFU didn't ring back having just spent £16k on fleet ins.
Any ideas who might be competitive? need to be tight I'm afraid, its not a good couple of months with 2 MOT's 3 lots of tax and 3 policies due.

Cheers.

Totally stock lets you use the compare the comparison sites and last time i did that out of boredom my insurance halved , or it would have done if i actually owed an unmodified truck .

Can't offer any UK advice but my insurance for my car was double what the insurance for my Prado 90 was - same drivers, km, parking location, etc. You do have to wonder how they work. I mean the car is faster sure, but I can see the Prado causing more damage with its distinct lack of any modern safety features!

I always switch between AXA and Saga..I play one off against the other, Im with Saga this time round, And paying £240 ish for the 80 Fully comp... The 120 was a little higher if i remember...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Direct Line working out for me, around £230 protected if i remember (shows how bad the memory is, was only January), DL not on comparison sites but have their own website and their call centre people are on the ball, business use standard.

Saga good too if you are in the age range they like.

Direct Line working out for me, around £230 protected if i remember (shows how bad the memory is, was only January), DL not on comparison sites but have their own website and their call centre people are on the ball, business use standard.

Saga good too if you are in the age range they like.

Spoke to Saga today, best they could quote was £443, Lancaster £599, NFU £447 . Compare The Market came up with Sheilas Wheels at £380.
I guess the thing they don't like is the bonus 6 points ( SP30) and fine.

Will try DL and LV tomorrow but it looks like AF will win the day. Yaris next week and an 80 by 04/04. Both want testing too.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Last edited:
Well rang DL for a quote, £518 was their best.

Rang Flux and accepted £367.

While I was at it I got the 80 24V auto insured, £280 all mods declared.

Now we'll start on the Yaris .

Last edited:
Thats a decent enough price for the 80 Andy.... Your gonna have to control that Accelerator Foot:lol:..Keep the Bonus points at bay..

Ah! The bike was it. Makes perfect sense Andy,... Clare and i test rode a TDM 850 recently... The first thing i did was wind the throttle as far back as it would go.... Down Sidcup High Street! 'Frit' me to Death

Back