Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Kdj120 oil filter removal tool

I donated most of carry everywhere tools to my boat not long ago but of the 3 oil wrench's i had i gave only the 3 prong Draper "because now you have a decent socket set nothing else is quite so easy to use" , I will be buying another .

Don’t know if you’ve managed to get your filter off yet, I had the same problem with mine when I did the first change as the previous owner had a) not oiled the filter before putting it on and/or b) tightened it up with too much force!

I’ve had issues with the chain type tools before whereby it’s literally cut the filter in half leaving it still attached!!!, How I did mine was with one of the strap type removal tools that usually just spin as the surface is too slippy/oily. In order to get over this get a strip of sandpaper, the rougher the grade the better, fold it over so you have two outer edges that are rough and put this between the filter and the strap, then tighten as usual (as tight as you can). It’ll grip the filter like a gorilla- if you position the tool correctly you can put an extension bar over the handle, or hit it with a hammer. Once it’s moved, even by a millimetre it’ll then come off by hand.

Hope this makes sense, and might be if some use.

A good tip DH, with the sandpaper and strap type. Ive been there with a slippy strap and discarded it, the simplest ideas are usually the best !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back