Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KDJ95 Handbrake cable routing and fittings

br1anuk

Does anyone have any photos of the underside of a lwb 90 as I’ve had a new handbrake cable fitted but the mechanic reckons some of the supporting hardware is missing. The cable was from roughtrax a pattern part which they no longer do. They only stock the genuine Toyota one now. I’ve had a look for a schematic online but can’t find one. Here’s a photo of what I’ve got. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• EEDEA7F7-4392-4535-AE9B-ACF0EA24C2D2.jpeg
    EEDEA7F7-4392-4535-AE9B-ACF0EA24C2D2.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 37
I remember thinking something isn’t right while looking at that same part years ago but both my SWB 90’s look like this

63727B33-BE9B-43F8-914A-BCAB3ADF43E6.jpeg

Can only wait to see if others are the same as mine but I’m inclined to think Toyota changed its mind on the production line and the holes were never used .

Hopefully these will help but let me know if you want any more, any excuse to get under the truck!!IMG_5685.jpgIMG_5686.jpgIMG_5687.jpgIMG_5688.jpgIMG_5689.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Should have said. You have a bit of metal work missing. A small bracket, you could easily make one up but a Zip Tie will work but not as neat :)

Or use one of these, theres a tapped hole in the chassis for it I see in your photo

Attachments

• IMG_5690.jpg
    IMG_5690.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5691.jpg
    IMG_5691.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 23
That’s what was throwing my mechanic. He thought something was missing because the cable never went through that plate with the holes in mounted to the chassis. I’m away in wales at the moment but when I get home I’ll have a look at the photos on the big computer. Thanks so much.

The problem with all this has been because there’s so few Colorados left it’s hard to take a look at another one for comparison. I’m sure this thread will help other people in years to come.

Back