Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Key programming.. 2005

rekab69

Country Flag
uk
Hi All,

I need to make up a spare set of keys, I have bought a blank replacement all the way from Australia, I can get it cut ok just need help with the programming.

Been on You tube and tried a couple of recommended solutions but no luck.

Do I have to program it to open and close doors, alarm etc AND the transponder part too..?

If so how do I do it..?

Cheers,

Dave.

If you have a new chip/transponder, you'll have to program it into the E-ECU for the immobilizer, and into the door lock system for the remote. Two different systems with two different programming methods. I suggest searching on mud for the method. It depends on your M.Y. btw.
(Why don't we all have the specs of the cruiser(s) in our sign.line in here?)

It depends on your M.Y. btw.
(Why don't we all have the specs of the cruiser(s) in our sign.line in here?)

Hi uHu,

Thanks for your reply, I guessed right in it being a two tier operation..

You have lost me with "your M.Y." and sign in line..??

Regards,

David.

M.Y. = model year; things vary a lot from year to year. You can put this sort of detail in a signature in your profile settings to appear at the bottom of each post. I think mud refers to ih8mud, a US forum; generally I think references to other places is a bit of a no-no so I consider myself told off already.

Something I hadn't noticed before is that signature lines only seem to be displayed if you are logged in.

Posted in 100 series area, 2005 typed in opening of posting... :) Big picture as Avatar....:)

So just to re capped I have a 2005 Amazon 100 series 4.2 Td.. into second month of ownership and loving it..!!

Don't be so hard on yourself re mentioning the other site, we all have a love of the same brand and if we were all plonked in a pub together we would bore the pants of each other no end.. :)

All the best,

db.

Reactions: uHu
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Chief,

I found this too and printed it off, managed to get to the stage where I believe I was in programming mode, doors locked and opened by themselves, but it wouldn't recognise my new two button key fob..

I have left it for a while as I was spending to much time on it...

Hope you have better luck, please come back and tell us if it works for you...

All the best,

db.

.... managed to get to the stage where I believe I was in programming mode, doors locked and opened by themselves, but it wouldn't recognise my new two button key fob.. ...
Did you check that you have the right part number? I tried with a fob from a Corolla or similar, looks exactly the same, but doesn't match the Land Cruiser remote system.

Rekab69

Well after loads of faffing I gave up and took it in to dealer I waited 2.5 hours. They had problems but in the end with £30 it was working job done, Im very much relieved!

Good you got yours sorted Chief..

uHu.. I bought my key from ebay Australia, they took my chassis number to make sure it was the right one...

Still trying to program it though.. :)

Back