Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Keys

hogman58

Hi everyone
Can any one help to where the best place to get a complete key for my Amazon 4.2.

Thank you.

Sorry if this has been covered in the past.

Hi everyone
Can any one help to where the best place to get a complete key for my Amazon 4.2.

Thank you.

Sorry if this has been covered in the past.
depends what the problem is ! if its the key its self then any locksmith that does car keys, then swap the plastic
bit from the old key.
if you have not got a key at all I think it a main dealer as it has to be coded

Depends on what type of complete key you need, what key you have and what month/year and market your cruiser is.
Keys can be found on ebay and several other sources. Programming the key depends on the factors mentioned above. If you don't have one master key, the programming is more tricky.
I think there is more info on this matter on the ih8mud forum than in here, but observe that the LC100 keys in the US are milled differently than in Europe.

This is timely. I wanted to change the battery in my spare key just now, but it appears someone in the past had glued it together, and now I have a key in 8 pieces. The internal fob part still works, but the actual key is just joined to some jaggedy plastic.

Looking online I can't find what looks like the correct cut (and who even knows if the photos on eBay listings are correct?) Maybe I'll take it to Timpson and see if they have the right blank.

....now I have a key in 8 pieces. The internal fob part still works, but the actual key is just joined to some jaggedy plastic.
This is the perfect time for getting a key which is as sturdy as the car itself. The original key cannot take a lot of beating, be it children jumping in your lap or just trying to turn the key in the ignition. If you are not careful, and hold the key at the base, you'll twist it off easily. An American LC lover did something about it, and is selling sturdy key shells where you need the key blade itself from the old, broken key, and the internal chip/button unit.
http://yotamd.com/products/key_fob/index.html
In the US the keys have 3 buttons, but he makes the 2-button design also. It fits both the inner milling type and the traditional key blade style. Read more here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/yotamd-titanium-integrated-remote-key-fob-shell.1003495/
At post 297 I come in and beg for a 2-button design, which he made very well. A bit on the dear side, but the key will outlast the car, and it looks good.
key.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
depends what the problem is ! if its the key its self then any locksmith that does car keys, then swap the plastic
bit from the old key.
if you have not got a key at all I think it a main dealer as it has to be coded
Thank you

This is the perfect time for getting a key which is as sturdy as the car itself.

Yes they are quite flimsy aren't they - not exactly in keeping with the car they start. That key is fantastic, thanks for that.

....That key is fantastic, thanks for that....
Forgot to say, it's titanium reinforced. Very sturdy. I got 2, one for him (orange) and one for her (black).

Great key. How did you request the two button fob as not showing on site?

Great key. How did you request the two button fob as not showing on site?
Right you are - it's gone from the new webshop which was online about a week ago. On the old site there was an option of 2- or 3-button key shells. He might not be selling enough of the 2-button design to have them as a separate item on the new webshop.
I suggest contacting Mr YotaMD, or suprarx7nut on mud. Excellent service when I was in contact with him. He sold about 10 2-button key shells to people in my local LC club.

I have made contact directly via email. He is updating his website and not put the two button on yet.

I have two new fobs winging their way to me now

May I ask how much?

This sad-looking spare just resurfaced after six months ...

204D2DD8-0826-4E1D-8929-F5B90419ECF1.jpeg

I see they are 78 $ on the website. I think I paid 84 each in November -17. + shipping.

Just paid $78 per key plus shipping from US to UK. So two keys totalled $186.

Back