Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ki ora from NZ

samham220

Country Flag
new_zealand
Sam

From Christchurch, New Zealand.

Proud owner of a 1995 80 series vx limited, 4.2L HD-FT auto land cruiser. It had been the old man's truck for about 15 years but finally has been handed down to me at a pretty mean price.

Some of the mods that me and the old man have put on it over the past 15 years are a lightbar on the front bullbar, put a winch under the front bumper, recently put Nitro shocks and new springs underneath it for a 2" lift, tow bar on the front, Reversing light and a few bits and bobs with interior, stereo and windows.

At the moment I'm saving up so I can buy some new black 17 inch rims with 35-inch muds. Would also love to do the exhaust with a 3" stainless steel pipe just so everyone on the track can hear the mighty diesel growl when I'm tearing up some rutts and mud. Would also love some new flares to give the landy an even better look and most importantly, a snorkel when I finally get round to it for those beautiful deep creeks. I plan to have the best of both worlds with this beautiful truck, have good comfort for long roadies up and down the south island, but all you need for a few days off the road on the many tracks around NZ.

Been reading this forum for ages and there are many helpful people on here so I finally decided to sign up and look forward to meeting you all.
Thanks!
IMG_3369.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome Sam, nice truck. Like the winch mount in the factory bumper. I’m looking to do that soon. Hopefully.

Just wondering why 17” rims when factory are 16”? Muds would be great for your tracks.

Lynn has mentioned a desire to visit NZ. One day maybe.

Best wishes
Rich

Welcome Sam, nice truck. Like the winch mount in the factory bumper. I’m looking to do that soon. Hopefully.

Just wondering why 17” rims when factory are 16”? Muds would be great for your tracks.

Best wishes
Rich

Most of the muds I like the look of have a 17" diameter for the rims so just whatever fits the tyres I end up choosing i guess :)

Best wishes
Rich

There's a motorhome/bus waiting here for you absolutely gratis if you come over after Jan 2020 … It's a Nissan I'm afraid.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back