Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

King Spring Replacement, Bump Stop to Axle measurement required

80=4ever

Country Flag
australia
Hi,

I am looking for a measurement from the Bump Stop to the Axle on a 100 Series IFS at the rear end, with Standard springs fitted.

I have a 100 Series Ute and have lost the wheel arch reference point so need to take the measurement from the Bump Stop to Axle.

I had KTRS-95 fitted but after 10 years they were sagging, so I have fitted KTRR-70HD rated at 300-500KG. With 300Kg added they should give a 50mm lift, so I added 300KG to the rear and I have 128mm L/H and 133mm R/H from Bump Stop to Axle. With the rear empty (just tool boxes) I have 160mm L/H and 165mm R/H, so I wanted to compare this to a Standard Height Spring setup.

It would be best to have the measurement from someone who recently fitted new springs (because of sag) or I could work it out from anyone who recently fitted a lift and deduct the lift amount to get back to standard.

My rear went up 78mm L/H and 72mm R/H after fitting the new springs, but this was just with the tool boxes on the back and no weight added. With 300KG added I get 44mm L/H and 39mm R/H. So my Aluminium tool boxes and chassis conversion are not much heavier than the original body.

Some pics and chart of measurement added, I am just wanting to see how my Ute compares to a Standard 100 Series.

Thanks
300 Kg in the back.jpg
300 Kg weight added.jpg
Chart.JPG

Why not use the FSM specified method for measuring height? It's not relying on the bump stops having a standard height, and independent of wheel arches and such.

Hi uHu,

Thanks for your reply, I don't know what FSM means and how it would help me find the height of a standard 100 Series at the rear so that I could compare that measurement against my modified 100 Series

Factory Service Manual has a method which is independent of body type and wheel size.
It's the difference in height (measured from a flat floor) between the wheel centre and the centre of the front lower control arm bolt. Spec says 71 mm.
I can only find the page for checking the height on an AHC vehicle, but the standard height will be the same:
ScreenHunter_95 Mar. 18 23.58.jpg

Back