Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Kings 2" lift kit on 80 series

Maxinstall

Country Flag
uk
Hi Guys,
Had a smash on the front end of my 80 after owning this one now for 19 years!
Needless to say i am now in the process of sorting it all out.
I have put a 2" lift on it as well as a facelift, basically a new front which still needs some bodywork.
The lift i have put on it makes the rear a LOT higher than the front. Has anyone else experienced this with certain 2" lifts?
All i can think of is higher rated rear springs? I think that may well be the case
I would appreciate some feedback, if possible, please.
Thanks.

IMG_4902.jpg

I think thats pretty normal because you could easily chuck a spare 4.2 engine in the boot which should level things up nicely :D

Well it's a common thing to have happen but the reason is essentially this.

When you go for a lift, you really need to specify what lift you want, but at what load. I wanted a 4 inch lift and had to add up all the kit back and front to work out what compression there would be. Unloaded, I had a 6 inch lift. Once everything was installed, it settled perfectly to 4 inches.

What (forgive me here) cheaper springs tend to be is a set that is just longer and without the weight in the boot the rear just doesn't get compressed. You can buy sets of springs that will give a predictable 2 inch lift but with standard weights. You see most people who put a lift on, do it because they're going to fit roof tents and winches etc etc.

After the research this evening, as they are not new, and as you’ve said, the rear are for an uprated load compared to mine, so at the moment it doesn’t sit correctly unfortunately.
Best sort this out then!
But what to change, the springs or the truck rear weight? Now that I shall have to ponder over considering all the options..
Time to put some storage in the boot I think after a weight and ride test first.
Thanks for your help much appreciated

Mine has a bit of the stink bug look right now because i ran out of time to get the wheel carrier steel bumper , but i kinda like it so if it levels out when the bumper eventually does go on i might just add coil spacers to bring it back .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back