Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Kiwi's in Australia

When I fitted the bullbar and winch I swapped to King Springs in front and I have been very happy with them. I'm just not sure which way to go with the shocks. I've read good things about Bilsteins and they are rebuildable (although with the high initial price and high rebuild cost, it might be worth looking at cheaper shocks). Koni's are also supposed to be very good, but quite a few people have had the eyes snap off them. TJM XGS gold shocks might be an option too. And I found out that TJM springs are actually King Springs with a higher price tag.

I have the Big Bore shocks and +2" heavy duty springs on the front and +300 KGS for the rear, although it was more like 4" when they were fitted. They had to be specially made but no worries when the manufacturer is local :)

The best bit is the return to centre steering damper. Was a bit unsure about it, but it makes steering on the corrugations so easy and still gives loads of feel. Fitted the Tough Dog caster correction as well as they needed doing anyway, and did most of the other bushes at the same time.

I was tempted to buy one of those but talking to some of the guys I go 4wding with they were saying that it puts a lot of extra strain on the power steering pumps and causes them to leak. :?

Back