Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Konichiwa!

jgalvez36

Country Flag
united_states
Greetings from Japan. I'm a U.S. service member assigned in Sasebo and looking to make a purchase for a Land Cruiser while I'm here. I'm pretty new to the Cruiser game and don't have much experience with the vehicle some I'm looking for some pointers. My info:

Your name: Jesse
Your Cruiser: None (interested in the J70)
Mods on your Cruiser: N/A
Plans for your Cruiser: family hauler, some off-road but nothing crazy.
4x4 Experience: 2002 Ford F-150 FX4
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: Current regulation allow me to import a vehicle that's 25 years old or older so I'm really interested in 1994 or older 70 series. I have a family of 5 so I'd like to be able to fit my wife and kids in the vehicle comfortably.

Thanks for the help!

Konichiwa!
Hajimeashite Chas Spencer desu, I presume you will be importing to the USA? I have recently bought an 2001 100 series Land Cruiser imported from Japan, but I didn't do the importing myself, I'm sure someone from our USA members will be able to help you there, in the meantime welcome to the club, don't forget to post pictures when you get your Cruiser, we like pictures.

Hello and welcome to the forum jgalvez36 , i don't know much about the 70 series Landcruiser other than your likely to find a good one there and until somebody who does know corrects me i would be looking for any with a 4.2 and a turbo .

Greetings from Japan. I'm a U.S. service member assigned in Sasebo and looking to make a purchase for a Land Cruiser while I'm here. I'm pretty new to the Cruiser game and don't have much experience with the vehicle some I'm looking for some pointers. My info:

Your name: Jesse
Your Cruiser: None (interested in the J70)
Mods on your Cruiser: N/A
Plans for your Cruiser: family hauler, some off-road but nothing crazy.
4x4 Experience: 2002 Ford F-150 FX4
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: Current regulation allow me to import a vehicle that's 25 years old or older so I'm really interested in 1994 or older 70 series. I have a family of 5 so I'd like to be able to fit my wife and kids in the vehicle comfortably.

Thanks for the help!
Konichi wa! right back atcha,

Hiya Jes,

You could consider an 80 series as well, they have 7 forward facing seats, and a 4.2 Diesel or 4.5 Gas motor, most of those are 25 years or older. :character-oldtimer: :thumbup:

Happy Hunting & Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back