Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Kzj70 loose cables connectors?

lc27

Country Flag
uk
Hi there
Apologise upfront for how ignorant the question is going to be. While I read expert guys gong in depth to technicalities i have a dull one
From the back top of the engine there is a black cable that has two connectors at the end
I don’t have a clue for what they are for?
Any lights on this one?
I have attached a pic with the offenders marked in red
Cheers

1DFC2ED1-701B-4F44-8725-72EA412BEF33.jpeg

The only thing i can think of is one is your air temperature sensor and the other your air pressure sensor .

This is where the temp sensor should go
DSCF2715.JPG

And pressure sensor here
DSCF2714.JPG

Niether of mine are connected because i added an intercooler and so moved both sensors to get readings from that -
DSCF2716.JPG

I'm assuming of course that it's a 1KZ-TE you have there .

My trucks got lots of random unplugged plugs on it too, I was led to believe its because mine had the engine from a 90 chucked in it but with a manual pump so surplus to requirements

thanks Shayne, it is the 3 lts 1kz -te, is those air temp, pressure for the turbo? sorry still not getting it for what they should be and why not connected.

Has the pump been replaced with a mechanical one or does it have red and green valves on one face? The original pump for that engine was electronically managed with two sets of wires or more going to it. The usual engine swap means swapping the pump for the purely mechanical version. That may explain the spare plugs.

Yeah the TE means electronic fuel pump which has lots of wires coming off it , if yours is a mechanical pump then the sensors can't do anything anyway .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back