Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KZJ70 Wheel options

Eamo

Country Flag
ireland
Folks
Looking to change my current standard 16” rims

what wheels from other models fit without modification?
I tried a 15” set from a Hilux surf but they are hitting the tie rod

really like 80 series wheels with all terrain tyres

any advice and pictures of what works for you guys?

thanks

To fit the 80 wheels you would need wheel spacers, tie rod contact. I think the wheels need to be at least -20 offset and it will eliminate the contact point.

Well done for having a kzj70! :thumbup:

Thanks

any other wheel options?
What size wheels should I be looking at?
Width? Offset? Etc

At least -20 offset on a 7 inch wide rim with a 15 inch diameter rim. The wheel will then clear the steering arm on the passenger side!

I don't know the 70 series but i trust Iwan's advice on -20 , thing is that leaves a vast range of options . What exactly is your aim , do you have a suspension lift , what tyres ???

Maybe google will give you a pic to share allowing for educated guesses as to what's involved .

Not this one though - please no :lol:

1592675742321.png

I’ll be leaving the suspension standard
Currently I have these wheels. They are 16” and 6” wide. But they are too narrow and don’t fill the arch as much as I’d like
882EA727-3189-4380-9EF5-9513858CB365.png

I did try a set of these but the Offset is 8 and hit the tie rod

1E6FE995-F1C2-4B77-9B8E-AFDF4EEC87E8.png

So ideally if I could get those in the right offset I’d be happy. I want to avoid spaces at all costs

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I’ve decided to get 30mm spacers
In the long run it’s probably the cheapest and easiest option

whats the original offset? In my humble opinion i would stay away from spacers. i dont trust these things. it also puts more load on wheelbearings/hubs if you go too far. what about a 16x8, -25 ? 16 inch gives you more tyreselection as well. my 2cent
luka

what Toyota 4x4 wheels are available that are 16x8 -25
pics would hepl too

have a look here, they have heaps of em...

Like i said i don't know the 70 series but i imagine these would be a pretty safe bet 16" x 8" Tuff Torque Modular Steel Black ET-35 - 4x4 Tyres - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]
I got these from 4x4tryes.co.uk so you can gauge the look. These are 16x7"
Like i said i don't know the 70 series but i imagine these would be a pretty safe bet 16" x 8" Tuff Torque Modular Steel Black ET-35 - 4x4 Tyres - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]
I got these from 4x4tyres.co.uk so you can gauge the look. AT tyres on 16x7". Hope it helps.

Attachments

• 20200620_142755.jpg
    20200620_142755.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 49
This is what your looking for 6x139.7 et25 , it seems very unlikely to me that you will find any factory alloys with a negative offset but the aftermarket choice is vast .

Regarding offset if we accept -25 is a minimum for clearance then even -35 is only 10mm difference of no importance .

Last edited:
Sorry lads Im confused! How come a ET of 25 works and also a -25 or -30 also works?? I don't get that. I understand how ET works and recently rebuilt a set of BBS RS split rims for my Bmw with an ET that I wanted by changing lips and barells

Last edited:
Think of a negative offset as a wheel spacer "ET 32" is just and example of how they tend to be advertised on google , there's very little or no market for positive offset aftermarket wheels . So even if it were wheel spacers you sought and lack of availability meant going a little wider than is absolutely necessary would it matter ?

Back