Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ladder

Julian

Has any body ever seen these before, I have found the part numbers on ToyoDiy, they are a factory part

25%20Jean%20in%20the%20heat%20of%20the%20battle.jpg

Are they for cyclists to hang onto?

C

Chris said:
Are they for cyclists to hang onto?

C

Good idea, might be useful for uplifts when out on my downhill mountain bike :lol:

That's a 105 - will those fit a 100 and does the 100 have the internal bracing that would be needed to stop the body bending/bulging? Climbing on those little loops will concentrate a lot of weight in a small area.

Cheers,

Same questions, I came up with
ToyoDiy lists it as applicable to the HDJ 100
It also doesn't show any further reinforcement plates added to the rear quarter, sorry scratch that it does show an ornament on the outside

105 & 100 bodies are the same aren't they? Looks like the two lower steps would use the same reinforcement as the swing out wheel carrier, no idea about the top one though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
All this talk of ladders and tow hooks...............

Another trip coming up?

Andrew how can you tell its 105 from that pic?

The fact that it's off-road? :mrgreen:

It's South African, a GX and have a look at the rims ;)

Andrew Prince said:
The fact that it's off-road? :mrgreen:
Oh that's harsh :lol:

I saw the rims but you can change those. So SA GX means 105, nice to know.

It's the offset of the wheels that identifies it Rob, not that they're steel.

As usual, Jon is correct ;)

Yes, in SA, VX = 100 and GX = 105. There might be a few imported 100 GXs there but these would be pretty uncommon.

Paul said:
All this talk of ladders and tow hooks...............

Another trip coming up?

Always planning, just don't get to put all of them into action :D

theres a reasonably lengthy thread in the 80 series section of ih8mud about these (they have them for the 80 series too). i think if you look for the user 'mot' who sells lots of JDM bits and bobs you might find the thread. as i recall they were a middle east spec thing for the 80.

Just came across these on toyodiy while I was looking for wheel carrier bits and notice they do them for both sides. Don't know if that's interesting or not but thought I'd mention it for the archive.

Jon, I had found those too, left hand side looks the best option. I had read on ih8mud that a US army guy had a look at them out in Iraq. He suggested that the 105 shell had captive nuts on the inside ready for them. I am not sure the 100 series has the same nuts. The bottom 2 steps could have reinforcement plates like you did for your tyre swing out, but I am not sure the top one would be so easy.
On a different matter what tyre swing out parts are you after? I still haven't put mine on

When we put the carrier on Ian's red 80 we used the OEM lower internal reinforcement bracket and I was just looking to see if the same was available for the 100, out of curiosity really in case I ever decided to swap to that OEM carrier I have. On the 80 we had to cut one of the internal panels to gain access to some of the bolts to fix the bracket. I can't remember if the same would be true on a 100 but we just peeled the (internal) panel back so it could easily be welded back in place but we a) ran out of time on the day and b) Ian decided he wasn't too concerned about it as it's hidden.

Back