Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lamps in AC control panel

TALAMAN

Country Flag
cyprus
Hi Folks!
I have spent ages searching and found nowt - also checked the manuals and have not been able to find out how many bulbs I should have in the ac control panel in my 2001 Prado 95?

One side seems brighter but before I dismantle the dash (again) I want to know what should be there and where they are located.

Any info appreciated.

If it’s like the 80 there soildered light modules that’s are not a switch over product.
Mine have faded too maybe someone here can shed more light for the 90 series?

Has yours got the twisty manual controls or the push button climate control unit?

If it's the manual one then there's 2 small 1.2w capless bulbs. To access, remove the dash trim panel, and there's 4 screws holding the control unit. The unit can then be pushed in and down, and that gives access to unclip the steel cable from the centre. You'll then be able to see the bulb holders if you rotate the unit face down. They twist out and away you go

This is what I mean Geoff on the 80

C8637D0E-0D14-472A-ACEE-9E9433147EB9.png

Hi Bob - that is exactly what I wanted to know - mine are the twisty AC and not the climate control like Dervis's.

Thanks very much for your replies and help Bob & Dervis.

EDIT - just re looked at the diagram on page 320 of the service manual and this time, I can actually see the bulbs in the white plastic housing!! I have looked at that piccy twice and never noticed them - DOH!:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back