Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser 200 Cancelled!

As far as Ive heard the 300 series is soon to replace the 200.It may only come in a v6 though.

And it will be a highly stressed small capacity V6 ...... that won't last very long ....... progress ;-)

Well..... I never said this but...... The D**very 4 is actually a good working tow vehicle .....2 guys I know run them and run them hard towing plant and haylidge bales etc .
We did a 1500 mile round trip in Holland and Belgium delivering Tank engines and picking up a 76mm gun over 3 days in a mates one (the bigger engined V6 HSE diesel 255hp I think ) and it would be difficult to beat for it's ability to eat miles and comfort ..... certainly no UK available Landcruiser can now get anywhere near this..... they can't even tow 3.5 tons . And both the one's I know of have been properly main dealer serviced but as reliable as anything else ...... one now on 170k the other at 88k miles .
Have to agree with Grimbo on this one.. The times iv taken the Disco 3/4 from the Marina for the odd job, Iv thought Yes, I can get use to this.. Reliability is the only thing that stops me getting one.. 3500KG Towing capacity is important to me.. (Especially when VOSA pull 'ya')... Il stick with the 80 for now...... But it is a shame about those Discovery 3/4 being so Unreliable.....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Dare I say it but I thought that the D4 was fairly good reliability-wise?

It's certainly a very nice place to sit in and to drive, especially the higher spec versions (HSE etc.) :icon-wink:

I'll go and wash my mouth out now.....

No Need to wash your Mouth out.. A bit of stiff Competition will not do Toyota any harm.. The Disco 4 is a great place to be But i dont think its a threat to Toyota.. Purely Because of reliability.. My Mate has a New Disco 4 its been in limp mode more times than Heather Mills.... But another mate has a 07 Plate disco 3 with 175,000 on the clock.. And hes never had a thing Wrong with it.....:think:

No Need to wash your Mouth out.. A bit of stiff Competition will not do Toyota any harm.. The Disco 4 is a great place to be But i dont think its a threat to Toyota.. Purely Because of reliability.. My Mate has a New Disco 4 its been in limp mode more times than Heather Mills.... But another mate has a 07 Plate disco 3 with 175,000 on the clock.. And hes never had a thing Wrong with it.....:think:

lol!

Dare I say it but I thought that the D4 was fairly good reliability-wise?

It's certainly a very nice place to sit in and to drive, especially the higher spec versions (HSE etc.) :icon-wink:

I'll go and wash my mouth out now.....

Yes , it's not bad but still suffers from crankshaft related problems , cracked inlet manifolds ( some idiot decided plastic was a good thing to make them out of) electrical faults and suspension problems with either bushes or air compressors .
I do find the seats a bit hard but have done some epic trips round Europe in a friends with us sharing the driving and towing a trailer with Tank engines and various other bits . The latest Range Rover has probably the best and most comfortable interior of any vehicle I have driven but it needs to be because you will spend a lot of time waiting for Landrover Assist to turn up and fix the electrics or worse .

That they cancelled the 200er (J20) in the US dont hurt, the lexus is very near if you compare in detail...

And the J30 is near.

That they cancelled the 200er (J20) in the US dont hurt, the lexus is very near if you compare in detail...

And the J30 is near.

It seems with the introduction of the J30 the end of the proper Landcruiser has begun....
We won't get it in the UK for sure ....

The 75 series will soldier on as the last Landcruiser fit for purpose for those that need a rugged , reliable all terrain vehicle that can cover large distances off road and tow whatever is needed

How can "hybrid drive" ever work in mud , water etc ....it will be a brave man who drives one through a river .
Small capacity V6 won't last long when worked .
The brave new eco world is increasingly becoming one that looks like being a dire and boring place .

Still trying to get my head around the fact that all the wind turbines being built around the world and spoiling natural views that have remained unchanged for 100's of years use blades that can't be recycled and are buried in huge holes.... yet the climate change nutters insist this is sustainable .

It seems with the introduction of the J30 the end of the proper Landcruiser has begun....
We won't get it in the UK for sure ....

The 75 series will soldier on as the last Landcruiser fit for purpose for those that need a rugged , reliable all terrain vehicle that can cover large distances off road and tow whatever is needed

How can "hybrid drive" ever work in mud , water etc ....it will be a brave man who drives one through a river .
Small capacity V6 won't last long when worked .
The brave new eco world is increasingly becoming one that looks like being a dire and boring place .

Still trying to get my head around the fact that all the wind turbines being built around the world and spoiling natural views that have remained unchanged for 100's of years use blades that can't be recycled and are buried in huge holes.... yet the climate change nutters insist this is sustainable .
You mentioned 'Hybrid Drive' but even they will not be sold new in the UK after 2035, so how will Electric 4x4 cope 'off road', and will EV's be able to tow a large caravan up Porlock Hill or rescue stranded cars, much 'Fanfare' has been made on how far EV's can travel on one charge, but how long will you be laid up wating for them to 'fully' recharge, a lot of tech has to be invented, and a lot of questions need to be answerd over the next 15 years, yes, only 15 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mentioned 'Hybrid Drive' but even they will not be sold new in the UK after 2035, so how will Electric 4x4 cope 'off road', and will EV's be able to tow a large caravan up Porlock Hill or rescue stranded cars, much 'Fanfare' has been made on how far EV's can travel on one charge, but how long will you be laid up wating for them to 'fully' recharge, a lot of tech has to be invented, and a lot of questions need to be answerd over the next 15 years, yes, only 15 years.

In my professional world of large Agricultural , Plant , and Heavy Off Road vehicles not one manufacturer seriously thinks EV's using battery's is either feasible or desirable .
Much of the kit is run 18 -20 hrs a day non stop for weeks on end ......no EV can do that and I doubt ever will . Quick change battery packs would be massively expensive .

It's a joke that the EU and by default the UK is forcing the zero carbon emissions and climate change issue on their population when China , Africa , and much of the world is not even complying with Euro 1 or Tier 1 emissions and pay lip service to such things while their industry has a huge cost advantage over those in countries like the UK where the push for net zero is driven by I suspect something other than a desire for a cleaner world .

Again it makes no strategic or logical sense for the UK to be forcing and rushing to make the UK reliant on a form of vehicle propulsion that rely's heavily on using rare minerals that we have to import or buy from mainly Chinese owned sources ..... the price of which will only go one way .

I'm waiting for all the Eco loons including the Rebellion unwashed crew to have a complete and utter melt down when they realise that the path they have forced everyone down now requires loads of small and not so small nuclear reactor driven power stations to provide all the leccy to meet the huge demand overnight as everyone tries to charge their vehicle just at the point where even if all the UK was one huge solar farm the sun has gone down for the night .

Back