Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land cruiser 2008, the 4lo light is blinking, together with the check engine light ON

nathan123

Country Flag
united_arab_emirates
I have this 2008 Land cruiser, and the 4lo light is blinking, together with the check engine light ON. I checked the fuses, are ok. If I remove the battery for few minutes, the 4lo and check engine lights are gone, 4Lo is working perfect, difflock same. All working good. But after 2/3 days, when I start the engine in the morning, the lights are back, and 4lo not working.
Can someone please tell me approximately where to search for the problem?

I have replaced Oxygen sensor and Computer unit. but no difference

anyone had similar problem and managed to fix it

Seeing as you have a check engine light, maybe its got a code stored that can help?

Hi Nathan, I just bought a 2008 200 series v8 petrol and had the same 4lo and check engine light issues. How did you resolve it? Did you manage to figure out what was wrong? Many thanks and happy holidays, Dimitri

To be honest if you have a check engine light you need to read the codes. There's loads of reasons it could be on, and without the codes you're just guessing and throwing potentially expensive parts at it and maybe wasting your time

Thanks Karl. Yes, I should have mentioned that my mechanic and I looked through the codes, thought we resolved the issue and then just like Nathan it reappeared 3 days later when I was driving on the highway in hi4. We dropped the transfer box and greased the gears as the codes indicated there was an issue with engagement in the transfer box, but wondered what Nathan did so I can both read the codes and troubleshoot the next time it happens.
I am also not a fan of throwing expensive parts at a problem so no expensive anything has gone into getting it to work so far just reading fault codes as well as troubleshooting.
Nathan, keen to hear what the underlying issue was for you/what codes you had too/what you had to resolve?

That was over a year ago he posted mate, and made no other posts regarding this with a solution or not.
We get this all the time.
Good luck with your problem though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks mate. Shame - best when it’s a good community of frequent users. I’m a converted landy guy and I used to have great chats on that forum so hoping to find the same here for my ‘new’ (2009) wheels…

Back