Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser 300 Launch

dyladams

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi All

I got sent this Youtube link of the Lauch that happened yesterday for the New 300 Series.

Fast forward to about 5hrs 30 minutes for the launch.

I have not finished watching it , but its got some nice content of the older models as well.

I must say I like the look of the 300GR

1623313273192.png

Saw that last night, what I like about it is that Toyota didn't change the shape all that much.
It looks very much like the 200 which looks like the 100 which looks like the 80.
What I'm trying to say is that I'm happy that Toyota didn't go and make it look silly like some other brands.

I wonder if we will ever get the 300 over here and if we do, what engine will it come with?

5 hours 45 minutes it starts and by 5.50 i got bored with them describing a limousine .

Euro 6b diesel engine on the graph, so not for belgium....

Got less sticky-outy, rippy offy plastic bits. That's got to be good.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks a bit lardy... like its too fat for the wheels/tyres... and what's with the twin bonnet bulges?

Its a no from me - though I guess I was never their target market LOL!

Since the 100 was introduced Toyota have been lagging behind dare I say it....L Rover in the interiors.... R Rover seats are way more comfortable , the dash looks more of a quality item and the ambiance is just one of more quality ... the mechanicals obviously much less so .

Mmmmn interesting. If any members were/are in a position to purchase would would they go petrol or diesel?

looks quite nice i thought, engine sounds a belter. from what the aussies can do with a 200 i cant wait to see what they do with the 300. shame we prob wont see it over here , i wont even be able to dream and touch one lol

doubtful it makes it to the states for a year or so, if at all.

Mmmmn interesting. If any members were/are in a position to purchase would would they go petrol or diesel?
Petrol...... with the caveat it's still a big cc lump with a minimum of 6 cylinders ;-)

The advantage of diesel has been eroded massively by emission regs and what you have to do to get a diesel engine to comply ...

A common rail diesel conforming to Euro 2 was a brilliant piece of tech but still simple without a huge suit of sensors but could alter injection timing every power stroke, have an almost flat torque curve and wasn't forced to breath it's own waste gasses.... kinda gone down hill from there for diesels

One dimensional thought killed it .

Water is the best thing you can drink and therefore urine is the next best thing because braindead people are in charge .

The 300 series may be the last Land Cruiser model with internal combustion engine. The next decade will be very different from this one.

Back