Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

SOLD - Land Cruiser Amazon 100 Series For Sale in London, UK. Overland/4x4 Equipment Also Available

mitalm

Country Flag
uk
The time has come to sell our beloved Land Cruiser. It was purchased to use as an overland travel vehicle and served us perfectly and without fault during a 4-month 10,000 mile road trip through Europe, the Balkans and Turkey. Prior to the road trip this year it was given a service, fluids and timing belt change and inspection by Freedom 4x4. They also removed and repaired the common rusty rear quarters that seem to plague many Land Cruisers. A list of all maintenance and associated purchases carried out in the last 6-years can be seen in the linked spreadsheet. The car has been quite frankly adored by myself and my wife during our ownership with no cost spared. When we purchased it last year, we had all of the body rust treated and replaced the upper rear tailgate with a brand new part. MOT until February 2022 with no expectation of any issues at the next one. Service and maintenance history is all present and detailed records kept. The car is located in North East London and available for viewing by appointment.

The car itself is a 2002 4.2 TD Automatic face-lift model with (in my opinion) the nicer interior including touchscreen navigation and climate controls. The car currently has 219, 500 miles, however it is in truly excellent condition and one of the reasons we purchased this car specifically. The exterior and paintwork is in amazing condition with some light scratches and no scuffs or scrapes whatsoever. The interior is also in excellent condition and seemingly one of the few Land Cruisers of this age without any rips in the leather seats, all controls and electronics are also fully functional. Car comes with three keys (two remote fobs and one valet key).

Main factory specification of this Land Cruiser Amazon or 100 Series is as follows:
- Full leather interior across all 7 seats
- Electric driver and passenger seats with driver memory function
- Auto wipers
- Cruise control
- Touchscreen navigation including map disc and voice control
- 6-disc CD changer
- Heated front seats
- Electric windows front and back
- Dual zone climate control and air conditioning
- Centre and rear (optional) differential locks
- Split rear tailgate
- Tow bar with electrical connections
- Auxiliary heater

The car has the following modifications for off-roading and/or long distance overland travel:
- Removal of Active Height Control (AHC)
- Installation of Old Man Emu Heavy Duty suspension (springs and dampers)
- Installation of Old Man Emu torsion bars
- Front strengthening plates and rear stone guard
- Installation of steel front bumper with winch cradle
- Installation of Goodwinch TDS 9.5c – rated at 9,500lbs or approx. 4 tonnes
- Installation of Safari Snorkel
- BFGoodrich All Terrain tyres fitted including the spare wheel (fitted Feb 2019)
- Front Runner slimline roof rack
- Installation of two fire extinguishers
- Installation of metal mesh in front of radiator to prevent damage from bugs and debris
- Installation of map/cargo net above boot area
- Installation of two new batteries in June 2021

The car will come with a number of spare parts, fluids and accessories as follows; oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, fan & serpentine belts, sump plug and washer, engine oil, gearbox oil, differential oil, replacement bulbs for all lights, Haynes Manual. Also included are all of the panels/covers removed to fit the roof rack if future owners wish to ever reverse this.

Asking price for the car without overland equipment is £14,500, please feel free to get in touch with any questions or sensible offers.

During overland travel the car was fitted with the following equipment which is available to purchase at a heavily discounted price with the knowledge these items were successfully installed and reliable during our use:
- Tuff Trek Roof Tent TT02 (1.4m Desert colour) includes storm poles and detachable annex room
- Tuff Trek Awning (2.0m Desert colour)
- Racking/Frame in the boot – Free with purchase of the fridge
- ARB 47L Fridge Freezer
- Front Runner 50L water tank (fits behind rear seats)
- Nextbase 522GW dashcam front and rear, hardwired to ensure camera is powered whenever car is driven
- Front Runner dual jerry can holder
- Lifesaver water filter jerry can
- Britpart sand tracks with bracket to attach to roof rack
- Winch accessories; shackles, snatch block, strop and ground achor
- T-Max Heavy Duty 12V Compressor
- Scuba box storage (fully waterproof with holes for direct mounting to roof rack)

The RRP of this equipment is £3275, we are happy to sell the entire list of equipment for a discount price of £2000, this brings the total package price of car with equipment to £16,500. Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like to submit a sensible offer. If purchasing all items we will install everything on the car for viewing/purchase.

As you can guess we also have camping items from our trip that we will be placing for sale separately, if you would like to enquire as to what we have then please get in touch or we can show you when you come to view the vehicle.
20211202_131326.jpg20211202_131351.jpg20211202_131404.jpg20211202_131420.jpg20211202_131439.jpg20211202_131648.jpg20211202_131724.jpg20211202_131730.jpg20211202_131809.jpg20211202_131926.jpg20210730_192100.jpg20210806_172056.jpg20211001_191439.jpg20211101_161826.jpg20211202_121029.jpg20211202_121050.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, at the moment we're talking to potential buyers that are interested in the whole package. If this changes or we find a buyer for just the car I will get back in touch with you about the water tank.

"The car itself is a 2002 4.2 TD Automatic face-lift model" sorry mate that's not a facelift model that only happened late 2003

"The car itself is a 2002 4.2 TD Automatic face-lift model" sorry mate that's not a facelift model that only happened late 2003
Hi Steve,

I know exactly what you mean as I read the same online and from other when researching the 100 series. But this car is definitely a face-lift 52 plate registered late in 2002, it has the facelift grill, the facelift interior with touchscreen nav/climate controls and it has the single piece land cruiser emblem on the rear upper tailgate. Having looked around online there are plenty of 2002/52 facelift 100 series out there. Just seems to be something that happened during the face-lift transition.

Not sure what else to say!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What gearbox have you got ?
It's a 4-speed automatic, but again I've seen online that the UK was 1-year behind other countries in switching to the 5-speed auto in the face-lift. So yeah...

Nice travel pictures thanks for sharing them, good luck with the sale.

So unless it was first registered abroad the UK spec uplift only came out in very late 2003, and the gearbox was the crucial difference, I was offered a older one but waited for the
2004 reg version at the main dealer at the time, which was the update Have you had it from new ? if not some one is telling you porky's.

I have seen plenty of 52 plated 100 series that have been face lifted but with the older box. Comments like the one above are not helping the add just trying to prove somebody wrong which isnt helpful.

Wow, an update 100 (or facelift as some of you say - it happened in 10/2002 BTW) with a 4sp auto. If I couldn’t see the photos I’d say it can’t exist…

Back