Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruiser 3rd row seats

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Was just wondering what folk do with their 3rd row seats, Iv got two sets cluttering up the workshop, The ones from my Old Colorado went in the skip, And when i sold the 120 i had to force the new owner to take them, Or else i would have four sets cluttering up the Place... Iv always found them pointless in the real world, They are the first thing you take out so you can get stuff in the Back..... Is there a market for them,? Iv got a blue set from the 24v and a Beige with brown Piping set from the 12v... if someone wants either they are free, Or they are going in the Skip, Im sick of moving them or tripping over them.... They will never go back in the Trucks, Im guessing every Land cruiser owner has a set stuffed away in the back of the Shed..

Was just wondering what folk do with their 3rd row seats, Iv got two sets cluttering up the workshop, The ones from my Old Colorado went in the skip, And when i sold the 120 i had to force the new owner to take them, Or else i would have four sets cluttering up the Place... Iv always found them pointless in the real world, They are the first thing you take out so you can get stuff in the Back..... Is there a market for them,? Iv got a blue set from the 24v and a Beige with brown Piping set from the 12v... if someone wants either they are free, Or they are going in the Skip, Im sick of moving them or tripping over them.... They will never go back in the Trucks, Im guessing every Land cruiser owner has a set stuffed away in the back of the Shed..
Mine from my 100 are on top of the wardrobe in the spare room, removed the first day I got the 100 and never used since.

I actually use mine occasionally - for family outings - though they spend most of their lives in the room above the garage.

I put them back in for MOTs; I believe they cannot be used if they haven't been tested (but who would know ?).

Bob.

I actually use mine occasionally - for family outings - though they spend most of their lives in the room above the garage.

I put them back in for MOTs; I believe they cannot be used if they haven't been tested (but who would know ?).

Bob.
Hi Bob
I would not worry about putting in just for MOT as long as you have the seat belts and they are ok then that will do

when we got our 100 we had Children and there friends so the extra seats came in handy but as others have said ours are now in the spare bedroom.

and as we are talking extra seats, just a little story that others may be interested I tried to get a quote on line but did not state the model with 7 seats so phoned them to ask have they got a listing but no and would be fine but I needed prof but they said it would be fine as the underwriters said they would not change any thing and as I said what if I had seven people in the car and involved in a accident would they cover me and the girls just said we would have to look into it if there was a claim

Funny this topic coming up, just took these out of my 120, for same reason as higgy, They have been wrapped and put in loft and ones from my lj78 (not being used) have been taken from loft and 're installed.
BTW, has anyone got any headrests for a 120 lc3, charcoal cloth interior, some were missing when bought.

Took mine out of my Collie and tried to give them away free but no takers so will be going up the skip...… when we're all allowed back out to play!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've half a room full of the bloody things, you can't give them away. I put both sets back in the Collies when I sold them and the V6 buyer took them straight out ( well I did) as she lives just round the corner.

Bob, I never in many, many years, had hassle with the mot man, and he is rigid. He didnt even check the belts for that row on the 78, presumably no seats, - dont need belts. It could be argued on here that what happens if the seats go back in then and the belts still there are not checked. Well the centre section of the rear most seats in the 78 has it's own lap only belt, so with seats out he never had the option to check that anyway.

I’m taking mine out, but here in Japan if your truck came with them and you dont have them in when you go to get your JCI (Japanese Car Inspection) it could cost you a few extra Yennies. It changes the designation from a passenger vehicle to a utility vehicle and changes your plate designation and your registration. It’s supposed to be a “” safety inspection, but they will nock you for weird stuff that has no bearing on safety. I’ll just put them in my storage container in heavy plastic bags until my JCI is due again and I’ll pop them in for the day. Makes me wonder how many people here in Japan wish they had access to a set of those seats.

I Think the skip is the best place for them, I had my Colorado ones listed on ebay Free to anyone who wants them, But no Takers, I thought the 80 ones would be a bit more in demand but obviously not. I might remove the head rests and skip the lot.....

It’s a crying shame really, I use my third row a lot, and they’re pretty shabby now, so I’d love to get my hands on a good set. Being so far away from the seats going begging is cruel.

Higgy, bring ‘em with you when you visit at the end of August and I’ll buy your fuel home. How’s that for an offer :thumbup::lol:

If you seriously want them Clive i can hang on to them and try and find a way of getting them to you... They are F@&king annoying things to have lying around if you don't use them...Leave it with me il do some asking around our Eastern European Community, See if we can get them to you..... If anyone else is visiting you this year Clive who could take them i dont mind meeting up, If i dont visit, if you know what i mean, I live close to Dover ferries, Channel Tunnel, So dropping them off is no problem...

Last edited:
If you seriously want them Clive i can hang on to them and try and find a way of getting them to you... They are F@&king annoying things to have lying around if you don't use them...Leave it with me il do some asking around our Eastern European Community, See if we can get them to you..... If anyone else is visiting you this year Clive who could take them i dont mind meeting up, If i dont visit, if you know what i mean, I live close to Dover ferries, Channel Tunnel, So dropping them off is no problem...
Some nice people on here, innit ?

Bob, I never in many, many years, had hassle with the mot man, and he is rigid. He didnt even check the belts for that row on the 78, presumably no seats, - dont need belts. It could be argued on here that what happens if the seats go back in then and the belts still there are not checked. Well the centre section of the rear most seats in the 78 has it's own lap only belt, so with seats out he never had the option to check that anyway.
My turd row seats have not been fitted for the last seven MOT's, the only comment from the first four MOT's at the Toyota dealer on the test paper was "seat belts not tested as seats not fitted", since I've been going to the local council MOT testing centre for the last three MOT's not a word had been said about any seats not fitted or belts not tested.

My dickie seats rarely leave the attic but I use the taller headrests from the third row for the second row seats. Apart from looking a lot nicer, they flip down when there's no one in the back and extend further out when the seats are folded down for sleeping.

Still got mine, Still in the Bloody way, for some strange reason i havn't got the heart to Bin 'em'.......I hate them!

Uk Models all had them based on a seven seater setup. My JDM 80 series was bought as an wagon option being no 3rd row. Personally this is my preferred choice.

Supple and demand tbh so maybe eBay for cheap / auction may be a idea.

Always shame to throw good things away!!

Hey Higgy, I dunno how I’ve missed this, something not right with my notifications. If you can arrange something I’d be delighted, it’s a very kind offer mate, thank you!

But please, don’t go hanging on to them for my sake, cusssing them being in the way all the time. Ship em or skip em, that’s a good motto :lol: :thumbup:

Back