Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

landcruiser utility not available in ireland

tom reaney

Garage
Country Flag
ireland
after several furtive attempts to obtain clarification from toyota ireland on the availability of the land cruiser utility, i finally received this:
RE: Fwd: Toyota Ireland Customer Service Query [ ref:_00Db0HWqf._5000X1avzXu:ref ]
Dear Mr. Reaney,

Many thanks for your further email correspondence.

Having had the opportunity to liaise with our product department, we can confirm that the Toyota Land Cruiser Utility is a UK grade vehicle and will not be available in the Republic of Ireland.

Thank you for contacting Toyota Ireland.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Kind regards,
TOYOTA IRELAND

i know that farmers, trades people, utilities and emergency services will be dismayed at this.

regards
tom in mayo
cleardot.gif

It seems unbelievable.. Its very Narrow minded of Toyota.. It seems madness that if you want one You basically have to Import one... If you know what I mean.. Will it be available in the North?

yes its available in ni for £32000 swb and £33000 lwb. the cheapest lc commercial for me is €43000. second hand import here we come.

yes its available in ni for £32000 swb and £33000 lwb. the cheapest lc commercial for me is €43000. second hand import here we come.
To be fair Tom iv seen the new commercial Truck from Toyota ....AND..IMO it looks terrible, the one I saw was very basic,, Steel wheels. it had all the toys but didn't look robust.. And the price..Mmmm! ... Well good luck Tom with your new /used purchase:thumbup:

To be fair Tom iv seen the new commercial Truck from Toyota ....AND..IMO it looks terrible, the one I saw was very basic,, Steel wheels. it had all the toys but didn't look robust.. And the price..Mmmm! ... Well good luck Tom with your new /used purchase:thumbup:

How do you mean its not robust? Its the same truck, with only the front row seats and some interior and exterior trim removed, isnt it ?

32k is the manual gearbox. Auto is £36 i think.

after several furtive attempts to obtain clarification from toyota ireland on the availability of the land cruiser utility, i finally received this:
RE: Fwd: Toyota Ireland Customer Service Query [ ref:_00Db0HWqf._5000X1avzXu:ref ]
Dear Mr. Reaney,

Many thanks for your further email correspondence.

Having had the opportunity to liaise with our product department, we can confirm that the Toyota Land Cruiser Utility is a UK grade vehicle and will not be available in the Republic of Ireland.

Thank you for contacting Toyota Ireland.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Kind regards,
TOYOTA IRELAND

i know that farmers, trades people, utilities and emergency services will be dismayed at this.

regards
tom in mayo
View attachment 151435

Funny. Given that in the UK they say its an Irish only trim, now alao being offered in the UK. Although they only aim to sell 100 in its first year. For something that is going after the defender/disco basic market, 100 does not sound like a lot.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The utility is a 150 not a 200, if it was I would get one in a heartbeat.
I saw one the other week, it looked very nice but I like my bells and whistles so this isn't for me.

How do you mean its not robust? Its the same truck, with only the front row seats and some interior and exterior trim removed, isnt it ?

32k is the manual gearbox. Auto is £36 i think.
Sorry didn't mean to offend.. I meant in the same way as I don't think my 120 is as Robust as my old Colorado. Just my opinion. that's all..

The way I understand it ‘Utility’ can mean two different things: 1) a 2-seater commercial van available in SWB/LWB, and 2) a bare-basics trim/spec option for a 5-door, 5-seater regular consumer station wagon.

They took the 200 off the market in thr UK back in 2015 iirc.

Back