Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LATCH system in a 100

Rookie93

Country Flag
united_states
Hey guys, I am the proud owner of an 80 series LC and I'm upgrading a few things. This rig started out to be my ultimate hunting/off roading/get outta dodge vehicle. I'm going through everything to make just how I want it. I started off by swapping out the 4.5L (had a rod knock anyway) for a 5.9 cummins diesel!! :banana-wrench:I couldn't be happier with the way this thing crawls in the hills with the torque of a diesel. I'm upgrading the braking system and installing a 2.5" EMU lift. I have more plans and I'll keep everyone posted.

OK, enough about me, let's get to the facts and why I'm here in the 100 section. My problem with my Duiser is that my wife has laid claim to it and wants to drive it everyday as if it's hers. :icon-rolleyes:

I bought a pretty basic model Land cruiser because the one I found was for a great price (with a blown motor) and was really clean. The running gear is super tight and everything works great. I need to put leather seats in the thing and here's where my question lies. I really like the seats out of the 100 series LC's. I'm trying to figure out if they will fit in my 80. I know that I'll have to do some reworking but I'm not afraid of that in the least bit. I also need to know what year the LC's meet the DOT standard with the LATCH system. LATCH meaning Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children. The mandate came out in 03 but some MFG were putting them in, in as early as 2000. With the wife driving the Duiser everyday, my 6mo old riding along and I'm changing the seats anyway.......... I figured that I might as well get everything I need and make the kid safe too. :icon-biggrin:

Let's hear it from you 100 owners! Thanks in advance!

~Rookie

Back