Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Laws Tyres in Aberdeen...Avoid!

Ecoman

Country Flag
scotland
Well what can I say but bad, bad, bad monkeys!

My relationship with Laws started a while back after one of their lads registered on another forum I'm a member of and he drove the companys jacked up Hilux. I have used them for jobs before and I could say nothing but good things about them but today I have been well and truly shafted by them never to return!

I just got a set of wheels powdercoated and I picked them up a couple of days ago but due to commitments and bad timing I couldn't get the tyres changed back onto them until today. I was supposed to go to Tawse Tyres in Inverurie to get the tyres changed but got held up and they closed before I could finally set out. I had used Tawse as they were close to the powder coaters I was using and they had charged me £55 to change 4 tyres from my alloys to my steels which included fitting, valve and balance.

I decided to find someone else that was open this afternoon and after a few calls I set off to see the lads at Laws Tyres in Aberdeen. After a short wait they took my landcruiser into the workshop oh good I will be out in no time...

so I thought .... Nearly 2 hours later my tyres were finally changed over. I was a bit miffed about that but hey at least it was done. I went to the counter to pay and was told the bill was £150 :o :thumbdown:

I said I was only getting the tyres changed over and he said yes and it was £30 per tyre!! I told them how much Tawse had charged me and he just shrugged. I told him he was obviously missing some attire as he was not wearing his mask. He laughed and I said I'm glad you find it funny that you charge more than double the price of your competitors. All I got back was an illegible mumble. I took my keys and went out to find my Lancruiser sat inside with both front windows wide open and both driver and passenger seats, carpets and dash covered in rain water. I had to dry off the seat before I could even sit in it. I mentioned it to one of the lads who got all defensive and told me it had not left the workshop. I showed him the water and he just shrugged and said it must have been like it already. Funny I said but I don't remember it raining inside the car on the way to see them! I then pointed out that at those prices I wouldn't be back anyway. :twisted:

So anyone who is considering using Laws Tyres of Aberdeen, take this as a warning as you may be better off taking your truck to the zoo! At least their monkeys dont know how to shrug! :evil:

{Admin - fixed your typo ;) }

Sorry that last line should read Laws Tyres of Aberdeen :doh:

What a screw over.

Did you actually pay the £150 ?

Graham

I'd have said I wouldn't have paid it. But when you kneed the car you carnt really. Always ask for a price first. Con men :thumbdown:

Thanks for the heads up. As a local I might have gone to them but certainly not now.

Hutton said:
Thanks for the heads up. As a local I might have gone to them but certainly not now.
Why not go there and just ask them how much to swap your tyres onto other rims.

Then tell him what an extortionist he is, and your following some other persons advice, and going else where.

Graham

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Graham said:
Did you actually pay the £150 ?
Yeah unfortunately I did. I was considering refusing to pay but when the initial shock had worn off I realised it was a long walk home!!!

Back